TAKING ORDERS FOR FEBRUARY '21 N220XN TIBURON EXTRA NARROW NEWELL 200 SERIES KIT

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, September 11, 2019, 07:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage Offshore Tackle

UPDATED 12.13.20: We have ordered a new run of the N220XN extra narrow kits for the Newell 200 series and they should be ready late January or early February.  We still have 15 kits that are unspoken for, so if anyone wants one, please let me know and I will put you on the list.  If you have already ordered, we would appreciate it if you would please post here or send us a PM to confirm your order.  If we have done business before, no payment will be required until the kits are ready.  If we have not done business before, a $20 deposit will be requested. 

The kits are available in red, silver and black.  They are $129 plus $5.95 for shipping to anywhere in the USA by USPS First Class Parcel with tracking

The N220XN is an extra narrow (1 1/4" wide) frame and spool kit that fits any 200 series Newell except the Blackie. The frame width is 3/8" narrower than the 220, 7/8" narrower than the 229 and more 1 3/16" narrower than the 235.

These kits do not come with the standard Tiburon rod clamps because the bulge in the bottom of the 200 series right side plate is in the way.  Tiburon has made up a few custom rod clamp kits for deckhand style rods based upon their Accurate Valiant clamp kits.  They are pricey at $50, but they are quite a piece of work as you can see in the photos below.

If you would like to order, please post here or send us a PM.

Thank you!

r8rs4lf

MarkT

When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Dan-J

I would be interested in buying one.

Now if I only knew where to get my hands on a Newell 200 donor reel  :)

RUSTY OLD COLT

CooldadE

I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

Corroded

Swami805

You know I'm in Randy, great idea!
Maybe a narrow kit for a 600 someday?
Thanks!
Do what you can with that you have where you are

MarkT

Quote from: CooldadE on September 11, 2019, 09:38:44 PM
Would that fit my 229 ?

Cool
Yep, he said it fits any 200 series Newell.  You just move your sideplates to the new frame & spool.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

sabaman1

JIM

Tunacious

Quote from: Swami805 on September 12, 2019, 02:58:52 AM
You know I'm in Randy, great idea!
Maybe a narrow kit for a 600 someday?
Thanks!

I'll 2nd this for a 631 ;D

Fishy247

You are indeed the Devil Randy!

I'm in for one...at least! ;)