TAKING ORDERS FOR FEBRUARY '21 N220XN TIBURON EXTRA NARROW NEWELL 200 SERIES KIT

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, September 11, 2019, 07:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: swill88 on December 30, 2019, 07:48:08 PM
Nice Randy, thanks.
Where is the included nylon washer intended to be used?
Steve

Steve, the side to side spool spacing on Newells can be inconsistent.  In most cases, it can be fine tuned by adjusting the bearing cups (except for the C series and some S and no letter reels that have the non adjustable right side bearings and the self-destructing plastic caps on the left side), but sometimes that doesn't work, so the nylon washer can be placed inside the bearing cup under the bearing to move the spool into proper alignment.

Thanks again, and Happy New Year,

Randy

farmer56

hey  randy  farmer56  here ...   any  of  the  newell  kits  left ..     i think  i  need  one  ...   

JK47

Finally got mine put together today, smooth sailing without issue. Any ball park figures on braid capacity for 20#, 30#, and 40# ?

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: JK47 on January 03, 2020, 07:40:43 AM
Finally got mine put together today, smooth sailing without issue. Any ball park figures on braid capacity for 20#, 30#, and 40# ?

That's great JK!  As to line capacity, I only have one report and that was 290 yards of 40 lb. Power Pro.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: farmer56 on January 03, 2020, 03:03:25 AM
  hey  randy  farmer56  here ...   any  of  the  newell  kits  left ..     i think  i  need  one  ...   

Hi Dennis, happy new year!  Please call me.

Thanks,

Randy

Ron Jones

That sounds right, the Boss got 300 of 65 on a 100 spool for me, about the same in 40 would be right for the XN.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

JK47

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: JK47 on January 03, 2020, 08:27:06 PM
Just got 390 yards of 30# Izor braid spooled onto it.

Thank you for the info.  That should be enough for just about anything around here.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

The Tiburon N220XN is an extra narrow (1 1/4" wide) frame/spool/rod clamp kit for the Newell 200 series. Our first run sold out quickly and quite a few people have asked for them since then, so we are running them again for delivery in early April.

The frame width is 3/8" narrower than the 220, 7/8" narrower than the 229 and more 1 3/16" narrower than the 235. These kits do not come with the standard Tiburon rod clamps because the bulge in the bottom of the 200 series right side plate is in the way, but we have 12 custom rod clamp kits that Tiburon made for this kit in case any of you would like to use them on a deckhand style rod. They are pricey, but they are quite a piece of work. If you are interested in the rod clamp kit., please let me know and I will send you a photo.

If you would like to order any kits, please post your order here or send us a PM. The kits are available in any color that you would like so long as you would like black. They are $120 plus $5.70 for shipping to anywhere in the USA by USPS first class parcel with tracking, and will fit any 200 series Newell reel except that there may be a problem with the Blackie series, as I have been told that the hole pattern is different than the later models I am not sure that this is true and I do not have a 200 series Blackie here to compare. The photos are courtesy of Franky Garcia. The last photos shows a comparison to the stock 220.
Thank you Franky!

RandyandKaren Pauly

Vintage Offshore Tackle

We are going to pick up the new run of Tiburon Newell N220XN extra narrow (1 1/4" wide) frame and spool kits for the Newell 200 series on April 2. If you would like one (or more), please post your order here or send me a PM. I have 11 kits left available as of today, assuming that everyone who ordered them still wants them. If you already ordered one, I will be contacting you soon to confirm your order and make payment and shipping arrangements.

The frame width is 3/8" narrower than the 220, 7/8" narrower than the 229 and1 3/16" narrower than the 235. These kits will fit any 200 series Newell reel except that I have been told that they will not fit the Blackie series, as the hole pattern is different than all of the other models. If you have one of the S, C or No Letter reels with the long screws, you will also need some shorter screws.

These kits do not come with the standard Tiburon rod clamps because the bulge in the bottom of the 200 series right side plate is in the way, but we have some custom rod clamp kits that Tiburon made for this kit in case any of you would like to use them on a deckhand style rod. They are pricey, but they are quite a piece of work. If you are interested in the rod clamp kit., please let me know and I will send you a photo and price.

The kits are available in any color that you would like so long as you would like black. They are $120 plus $5.70 for shipping to anywhere in the USA by USPS first class parcel with tracking. The photos are courtesy of Franky Garcia. The last photos shows a comparison to the stock 220. Thank you Franky!

If you would like one, please post your order here or send us a PM.

Thank you!

Decker

Hi Randy and others,  I recently bought a Newell 220 Graphite,  my first Newell reel. I've never taken one apart.  I know that some NEWELLS have side bolts that go all the way through.  I'm assuming this kit assembles like the Penn ones, right? I'm not quite ready to buy a kit but it's been on my mind.

Dan-J

jkel

Quote from: Decker on March 11, 2020, 12:45:06 AM
Hi Randy and others,  I recently bought a Newell 220 Graphite,  my first Newell reel. I've never taken one apart.  I know that some NEWELLS have side bolts that go all the way through.  I'm assuming this kit assembles like the Penn ones, right? I'm not quite ready to buy a kit but it's been on my mind.
Hi Decker,

Yes these Tiburon kits assemble like the Penns. Secure inner rings to frame and then install the sideplates.