Hello fellow fishermen and reel faniatics

Started by Mkozmo626, November 27, 2019, 05:10:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mkozmo626

HI:

I grew up in So. Cal, fishing as often as I could. ended up moving to Oregon in 2001.  I love Saltwater fishing and I have fished the west coast from Cabo to Bristol Bay AK, as well as Hawaii. I still have my first saltwater reel that I bought at Gemco in 1982 its a Daiwa Sealine 50H and I still take it out halibut and lingcod fishing. This reel is proof that good reel maintenance really matters, I do my own reel service every year on every reel I own, it almost like a therapy session for me :). Anyways, looking forward to sharing and learning from the folks on this board.

Best

Mark

Benni3

Sharkb8

David Hall

Welcome, whereabouts in Oregon do you call home.

Alto Mare

Welcome from Philadelphia Mark!
You will like it here!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Gobi King

Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

xjchad

Husband, Father, Fisherman

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

El Pescador

Mark!

Welcome!

Where in Oregon did you land??   I-5 Corridor, Eastern side, North or South??

I was in Bend, OR for the Aug. 2017 total eclipse, LOVE the area will be heading back again next summer.

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

AC49

Mark welcome from Cape Town South Africa

Regards
AC49

Brewcrafter

Welcome Mark from the SoCal Inland Empire - john

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.