Penn 114H second AR dog

Started by Alto Mare, November 29, 2011, 10:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Lee, if you get it rolling put me down for 50 sets for the 113H and 50 for the 114H for now.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

broadway

Lee,

I would like 6 for the 113h (only cause I don't wanna be a pig- I would take 40 if you had plenty for all.) I would like 8 for the 114h, but same situation as the 113h's...I would take 40 of them, too! :o
$2 is a nice deal as far as I'm concerned... thanks for helping us out!
Dom

Alto Mare

Quote from: broadway on February 28, 2012, 05:51:39 PM
Lee,

I would like 6 for the 113h (only cause I don't wanna be a pig- I would take 40 if you had plenty for all.) I would like 8 for the 114h, but same situation as the 113h's...I would take 40 of them, too! :o
$2 is a nice deal as far as I'm concerned... thanks for helping us out!
Dom

I'm sure that we would also help with making sure that everyone has at least a set  ;) . Lots of good guys here, Alan has a good thing going.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Makule

I'd like 6 more for the 113H, for the time being, and would gladly spend $2/each for them.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

broadway

Sal,

I have no doubt that you would spread your order to the rest of us. ;)  The "not wanting to be a pig" comment was about my first instinct, NOT your order.  I wanted to say 40 right off the bat, but I don't wanna short anyone to have all for me.  What I love about this site is that it has changed me for the better.  Before I wouldn't have been AS concerned what others got as long as I got what I wanted.  Thanks to you guys for helping me open my eyes to this different way of thinking!
In other words, Lee, get crackin' over there  ;D ;)
Thanks
Dom

Alto Mare

I know that it wasn't directed to me Dom, I put that number out to let Lee know how valuable those dogs are to us. If he gets it set up and has the material, I believe that he would be able to take care all of us with no problems. By the way, did you take a closer look at the 114H dogs that he sent me? That man has some talent, those were made by hand. Later bro. Sal

redsetta

Quote...by the way, did you take a closer look at the 114H dogs that he sent me? That man has some talent, those were made by hand...
Absolutely - couldn't agree more.
Nice work Lee.
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

broadway

Gotta appreciate a quality machinist and the right tools!  8)
Dom

Dominick

I"m good for now Lee.  Thanks.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

VW

Quote from: Keta on February 28, 2012, 04:40:08 PM
... Now it looks like there is some interest in SS dogs and they are easy to make once the drawing is made...  

Any chance of some other parts, e.g. yokes that are not being made elsewhere?

joel8080

I would take 3 sets for the 113H and 3 sets of the 114H. Please email me with where I can send or wire (pay pal)the payment.

Joel 8080
Oceanside,California

Keta

Let me see if I can up production, the demand is far more than I expected and I really was only planning on making a few as gifts.  Early next week I should have 100 for the 113H ready to clean up and I plan on doing 100 piece batches when I can pay for them.  A 114H dog is being drawn up this week and should be cut at the same time.

I can have dogs cut to different lengths if someone is interested in setting up a "Tank" with dogs that catch alternatly if there is a need.

Yokes can be made but I think Smooth Drag has them.

I want to see if I can make some SS bridges with attached dogs like on a Jigmaster but that will be after I get done rebuilding the old Atlas Mk1 6" lathe I salvaged out of the neighbors trash pile last week.  I also need to see if I can use another neighbors TIG welder to weld the shaft to the plate.   I'm thinking SS drag washers for my 349s next.

Unfortunatly I see a 114H narrow, double dog reel in my reel pile in the near future.

Thanks Sal, I now have something to do until lambing time then more after.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Lee, I'm hoping that there won't be any guys that are going to hate what I'm about to say, but, here goes. I do not believe that $2  is enough, I, and I'm sure everyone else, am thankful that you came up with these. I don't believe that it is fair to you for cleaning them up for free. This is going to be a lot of work on your part and I believe that $3 would be fair .....but I leave that up to you. If you need some money up front, just let us know, I trust you with my money ;)
Let me know if you need anything for that 114H.  Sal

Keta

Thanks again Sal, $3.00 would be 50% better than $2.00 and I can always use fuel funds for the September drive to Baja.   I can make a bit of money selling them at $2.00 and would not feel right changing the price after "seting" it at $2.00.

Last week I got paid for a batch of charter boat reel work so I have the funds for the next run, thanks for the offer.  I need to get a 114H to start on but that will be a project for next fall.

If I have a part to use for a pattern and the right material I can get any size dogs cut if there is a need.  I'm looking at a 349 dog now.

I still need to figure out how to get the shaft out of a 60 spool without dammaging the spool for my 112HN project.  
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

Sal, funny 'cause I said the same thing to Lee.  I still think $3 or even $4 retail would be reasonable considering how often would you really need to change the stainless steel dog.  The drag washers cost more that that.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D