Penn 114H second AR dog

Started by Alto Mare, November 29, 2011, 10:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broadway

I can appreciate both of your points... You're both good guys! I'm good with 2.50!

Dom

joel8080

No problem on the $3 or $4.00 price I still would like 3 sets of 113H and 3 sets of the 114H.

Joel 8080

jsm8080@gmail.com
Oceanside,California

Alto Mare

Sorry I had to put in my two cents, Joel. Keta is a great guy and I just don't want him to be out on this great project that he has brought to the table. Sal
By the way, if you don't mind me asking, Is that your boat on your avatar?
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Lee:  you have a concensus on the amount the members are willing to spend.  The members on this site know the value of the dogs.  So just establish a price.  Say $3.00 plus $1.00 shipping and handling.  The $1.00 shipping and handling is for 1 to 20.  After that the shipping charges should be actual.  You deserve it and as you have implied you need the money.  This is the way to support yourself and keep you in bait money.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bryan Young

I'm with you Sal.  Yes, the ultimate decision is yours Lee, and we  thank you for the reasonable price point for the SS dog.  You and the individual that is cutting the dogs should make a little something...at least to cover the cost of a cup of coffee.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Norcal Pescador

Lee, I'm with Dominick, Sal, Bryan ........ 8)  Make it worth your while. It looks like there is a market for these dogs. You did the work on the layout and material search, so reap the benefit.

Dominick, did you say take the cannolis?  ;D
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Dominick

Quote from: norcal pescador on March 01, 2012, 12:54:09 AM
Dominick, did you say take the cannolis?  ;D

Yeah! If you don't remember the line, it's from the Godfather.  Clemenza leaves his house to go to "work", his wife says to him as he is leaving the house, "stop and pick up some cannolis."  Now the whole scene is them mostly driving in the car.  Finally they bump off the driver and Clemenza says to the shooter "Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis."  Search youtube for that expression, I think they will have that scene.  Rob, the next time you come down from Podunk, I'll make cannolis for you.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

joel8080

I owned the boat for 6 years in Florida and shipped it to Panama when we moved here 4 years ago, it's a 27 ft Blackfin side counsel it's a great Boat loved it in Fl and it's even better down here.

Joel
Oceanside,California

alantani

figured i'd better stickey this thing, not that it needs it......  ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Dominick, if I see cannolis I'm not getting on that boat with you :o

Very nice boat, Joel ;).

Thanks for the stickey Alan.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

john2244

Keta,

Just to confirm I am still good with my order regardless of your final price.  Thanks for making them available.

John

BMITCH

Keta,
  I'm with John. The price is more than fair. I would still care for four of each when they are cut. Regardless of the cost. Did you ever give it any thought, but maybe you could run off a whole batch and see if a Penn parts dealer would be interested?? Just a thought.

Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Alto Mare

Ok guys if you make a boo-boo, don't sweat it.This is what I did.
I drilled a hole approx. 3/16" into the plate and glued a piece of brass wire approx. 3/8". It is working just fine, maybe even better.
Here are some pix:

And here is the reel ready for action again:

Lee, I'm not sure if you could hear it, but this baby is begging for the SS dogs ;D.

Keta

Quote from: Alto Mare on March 04, 2012, 03:38:42 PM
Lee, I'm not sure if you could hear it, but this baby is begging for the SS dogs ;D.

Material is at the cutter, as soon as I get them I'll clean them up, polish the contact surfaces and let you know.

Good idea on the pin, I have a bunch of 3/32 SS tig wire if you need some for pins.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

Great news Lee. I'm ok with the wire, thanks.