Penn 113h Reel/Tank

Started by Alto Mare, December 02, 2011, 02:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redsetta

Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Alto Mare

Thanks guys!

Quote from: Keta on December 16, 2011, 03:08:44 PM
You are forcing me to spend money on another project/toy....

::) What else is there Lee? ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

hafnor

VERY nice Sal. I am amazed. I have one Idea for you dough. How about a red t bar handle. Accurate have some t bars in red and the Jigging master handle, would make it bad ####.

jm handle

Snagged2

As far as Tanks go,, I like it!!  Very well thought out, and innovative to boot!!

Would like an opportunity to fish with that type tackle.. !!!

Alto Mare

Quote from: hafnor on December 17, 2011, 02:11:15 AM
VERY nice Sal. I am amazed. I have one Idea for you dough. How about a red t bar handle. Accurate have some t bars in red and the Jigging master handle, would make it bad ####.

jm handle

Thanks for the tip hafnor, that t bar looks great but it's just too rich for my blood.
I thought that my hadle fit the reel nicely, the stainless steel handle goes nicely with the stainless steel rings and the black knob  picks up the black spool. The complete handle cost me less than $40, the knob that you're showing  costs around $75 alone. The handle that I'm showing can take a lot more abuse than the aluminum handle, that is why I like them much better.
I know what you mean about matching color, I have done a few reels in the past , but again I wouldn't compare them with the one that I have on my little tank ;).

Here are a couple of shots of matching handles that I've done in the past...

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Snagged2 on December 17, 2011, 03:11:46 AM
As far as Tanks go,, I like it!!  Very well thought out, and innovative to boot!!

Would like an opportunity to fish with that type tackle.. !!!
Thanks! Snagged2.
What's stopping you from customizing your own? Get yourself a 113H and go to work ;)

hafnor

WOW, I see you got your game right! that first red handle there looks awesome... Where do you find these products?

Alto Mare

Hafnor, I purchased these handles a couple of years ago. The name of the company was K.O. Kustomz ( as you can see on the handle ). I haven't seen any activities from him for a while now :-\. What cought my eyes on these handles was the way that he recessed the handle at the mounting area... makes the handle screw look almost flush with the handle itself, you can see it on the red handle. It's a shame I haven't see him around anymore, he was a great guy to deal with and always gave me a break on multiple handles.
Here are the few that I kept for myself:

broadway

Hey Sal,

K.O. Customz is still in business (at least he was 1 1/2 yrs ago.)  I have 4 handles from them.  They are awesome!  I also like how the handle screw sits almost flush.  The stainless is more functional and durable, however those KO's trick out a Penn something hot.
Dom

wallacewt

im amazed and feel very inadaquate.i wouldnt be game to touch them reels,i might leave a fingerprint.

Alto Mare

Here is another option for the older plate that is designed to swing right or left....for what it's worth:

I did test it on a reel and it's working just fine. I found the longer coiled spring at a Home Center and it is a stainless steel spring.
You will just need to cut it to size. The new dog has been notched so that the spring can slide in place. It's no big deal; all you do is hold the cutting blade there and let it do the work.

redsetta

Thanks for that Sal - been looking at my Dremel attachments and wondering which would be best for the job.
With the Christmas break looming, it's double-dog time... ;)
Cheers mate, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

broadway

Hey Sal,

I was thinking to create a nipple in the frame, but a notch in the dog is much easier.  Way to perfect a great idea!
Dom

Alto Mare

Dom, I'm just putting things out there. I'm sure someone can improve on it. The first plate that I'm showing with the double dogs is the best setup. this last one is also working great, but I would still like to find a spring a little smaller in diameter than this one...it isn't binding anywhere though. Sal

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: Alto Mare on December 19, 2011, 11:32:49 PM
Correction! The tool is $24.99 not $23.96...don't want Rob to grill me ;D  he likes to keep it smooth.

Everything else is accurate...I think! ;D

??? ???
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD