Starfire, Monday July 13th, 2020 - FULL!!!!!!!!

Started by alantani, June 09, 2020, 09:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjstevko

How far in advance would they cancel due to forecasted weather?

I will fish if the boat goes but if they cancel I'll probably make a bomber run to SD to fish a full day trip on Monday.....

pjstevko

alantani

pj, i finally finished all of the "rush" jobs and will start on your reels right now.  i'll bring them with me tomorrow. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

pjstevko

Quote from: alantani on July 10, 2020, 08:37:28 PM
pj, i finally finished all of the "rush" jobs and will start on your reels right now.  i'll bring them with me tomorrow. 

Ok sounds good. Just let me know what I owe you and i'll bring the payment with me. PM me here until 5pm or text my 305# after that
if you have questions

Vintage Offshore Tackle

I'm sorry to say that I am canceling out.  The weather forecast, while not great, is improved, but my wife would make things very unpleasant for me if I take any unnecessary risk of exposure to the virus, and to be honest, I am scared sh*%&!less about it too.  There are now two spots available on the boat, so if you know anyone who might want to go, please let them know.

With a very few exceptions, I have been nowhere besides the grocery store and the post office for the past four months.  I have only been fishing once since last year.  It looked like things were under control here in San Luis Obispo County for most of May and the first half of June, with an average of only 3 or 4 new cases per day, but we are now averaging ten times that many cases, and our death count has quadrupled over the past week (that's a little bit misleading as we only had one death up until we added three more this week), and the health department expects it to get even worse.

I hope that you guys knock 'em dead.  The fishing has been great, and the weather forecast seems to be getting nicer daily.  You might want to bring a lighter outfit, in addition to your deep water stuff, just in case they decide to fish inshore to get out of the wind.  Please be careful and protect yourselves and everyone near you, especially inside of Alan's house.

Randy

pjstevko

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on July 10, 2020, 10:49:45 PM
I'm sorry to say that I am canceling out.  The weather forecast, while not great, is improved, but my wife would make things very unpleasant for me if I take any unnecessary risk of exposure to the virus, and to be honest, I am scared sh*%&!less about it too.  There are now two spots available on the boat, so if you know anyone who might want to go, please let them know.

With a very few exceptions, I have been nowhere besides the grocery store and the post office for the past four months.  I have only been fishing once since last year.  It looked like things were under control here in San Luis Obispo County for most of May and the first half of June, with an average of only 3 or 4 new cases per day, but we are now averaging ten times that many cases, and our death count has quadrupled over the past week (that's a little bit misleading as we only had one death up until we added three more this week), and the health department expects it to get even worse.

I hope that you guys knock 'em dead.  The fishing has been great, and the weather forecast seems to be getting nicer daily.  You might want to bring a lighter outfit, in addition to your deep water stuff, just in case they decide to fish inshore to get out of the wind.  Please be careful and protect yourselves and everyone near you, especially inside of Alan's house.

Randy
Randy sorry to hear you won't be joining us but i understand. I'll leave the rod and reel at Jerry's Marine for you to pick up and you can Paypal me whatever you think they're worth...

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Will do PJ.  Jerry's is temporarily closed on the weekends and they close at 4:00PM on weekdays.  If you are not planning to be in town until Tuesday?  If not, I can call the Morro Bay Landing office and ask them if you can leave them there. 

Thank you,

Randy

pjstevko

How many of you guys are planning on eating at the clubhouse on Sunday night?

I'm trying to figure out how many tri-tips I need to buy......

natch!

Mrs. T and I will meet you at the harbor Monday morning.

Jack

alantani

bringing some essentials, a big hunk of bluefin and some rice, maybe for tonight's dinner.  we're headed down in a few hours.  not sure about how many more guys. but there is a store nearby if we need anything.

if you are staying at the house, please bring a sleeping bag, pillow and towels. 

for fishing, we will likely be fishing deep, like 200-300 feet.  that means 1 pound weights so that we all drift the same and not tangle each other up.  also, just a little hint.  simple double hook rigs like shrimp flies with squid will get you down fast, and it it is usually the guy that gets down fastest that gets bit first. 

El Pescador

Alan,

As I type, Jennifer is making a childhood treat - Rice Krispy Treats!!!

Hermetically sealed in Saran wrap plus...   enough for all of us, the skipper and 2 crew members.

AND... Her double chocolate chip brownies - the reel ones, nothing funning going on here!!!!  We've had them before, they seem to be a fan favourite!!!

Again wrapped in Saran wrap.  She keeps a very clean kitchen ;D

I'll make a Sunday nite appetizer - shrimp in lime and garlic with a red cocktail sauce - I'll bring small cups we can use to keep our food to ourselves.

Also, will bring the Mark Mayo custom-made Fishy Scotch box, and some adult beverages for all to enjoy.

https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=19070.0

What else can I bring food wize????

Also, IF ANYONE needs a ride down, I leave from San Mateo, on Sunday after lunch with my wife,

and returning Tuesday after breakfast to San Mateo.

Let me know.   

Wayne

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

pjstevko

Quote from: El Pescador on July 11, 2020, 06:55:16 PM
Alan,

As I type, Jennifer is making a childhood treat - Rice Krispy Treats!!!

Hermetically sealed in Saran wrap plus...   enough for all of us, the skipper and 2 crew members.

AND... Her double chocolate chip brownies - the reel ones, nothing funning going on here!!!!  We've had them before, they seem to be a fan favourite!!!

Again wrapped in Saran wrap.  She keeps a very clean kitchen ;D

I'll make a Sunday nite appetizer - shrimp in lime and garlic with a red cocktail sauce - I'll bring small cups we can use to keep our food to ourselves.

Also, will bring the Mark Mayo custom-made Fishy Scotch box, and some adult beverages for all to enjoy.

https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=19070.0

What else can I bring food wize????

Also, IF ANYONE needs a ride down, I leave from San Mateo, on Sunday after lunch with my wife,

and returning Tuesday after breakfast to San Mateo.

Let me know.   

Wayne

Wayne/Jennifer Thank you for bringing the treats and supplying an appetizer!

I'm gonna pick up a couple tri-tips for the grill and possibly a tray of twice baked potatoes or some other side dish.

I think at this point maybe a salad to go along with dinner and we should be all set...but the more food the better!!!!

C everyone Sunday night!!!!

Neilman

Man, all that food sounds good!  Have a great dinner!!  Unfortunately, we'll just see you guys at the dock on Mon!!  Wayne, if you see a silver Expedition on 101 w/a pic of a lab retriever on the tailgate, honk!!  I'll be on my way to pickup Brooke in Monterey.  Be safe!! 

- Neil

El Pescador

Will do Neil,

IF... you see a red Hyundai Santa Fe being pulled over, it's probably me!!

Last visit the weekend before Memorial Day weekend, driving to visit Domnick & Linda, average speed as 80+ mph!!!   A Frigg'n NASCAR race for sure!!!!

I look forward to meeting you!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

alantani

We have rods for sale!!!