Starfire, Monday July 13th, 2020 - FULL!!!!!!!!

Started by alantani, June 09, 2020, 09:29:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

Quote from: pjstevko on July 06, 2020, 08:01:01 PM
Quote from: foakes on July 06, 2020, 07:56:33 PM
I just cancelled -- so there is a spot open as of 12:44 PM, today!

Best, Fred

Sorry to hear you won't be joining us but I understand everyone needs to manage their own risk. I hope we'll get to fish together one day Fred so I can thank you properly for all the work you've done on my reels!

Pj

We will, PJ!

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Big Tim

For one of the few times I agree with Fred & I agree with Fred more than you think. I am 100% OK with going fishing, every man for themselves. But what I worry about today is the fact that we are going to have 20 people from 20 different homes from 20 different parts of the state meeting at one house to party ... I have not seen my son for over 2 months and he just had to quarantine for 14 days because of a covid-19 interaction, #### means different things when #### hits close to home.  I approached Alan about 10 people paying $200.00 each to charter the boat & it turned into this? I'm not so sure I'm OK with this party. We need to tighten things up a bit or I'm going pull to the plug on my end...I need to see my son, and he is 100% on the same page with me.

alantani

yeah, between the weatherman and the county health officers, the decision might be made for us.  not sure about the cost of hotel rooms in the area.  20 people on the boat allows for plenty of room, but not the house.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Big Tim

Quote from: alantani on July 07, 2020, 02:35:46 AM
yeah, between the weatherman and the county health officers, the decision might be made for us.  not sure about the cost of hotel rooms in the area.  20 people on the boat allows for plenty of room, but not the house.   :-\

Thank you  for calling me ... #2020suxass

pjstevko

David Hall

Well bad is a relative term. For a boat the size of the starfire, no it won't be bad, for us regular people's might not be the most comfortable weather conditions.

Gobi King

Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

El Pescador

Wind and Wave weather for July 13, Monday LOOKS ....    BEAUTiful!!!!

https://www.windfinder.com/forecast/norris_rancho_marino_reserve

Air temp:  72 degrees
Wind from the West at 8-10 MPH
Wave height is 5.2 feet,

Waves from the West on 10-second intervals.

Man, nice enough weather for Dominick to go fishing!!!!! ;D

I'll see you all on Sunday afternoon at the CLUBHOUSE!!!!!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Here is the current Windy.com forecast for Monday morning, July 13, at 8:00 AM.  If this forecast holds, it is unlikely that the boats would leave the dock.

David Hall

Rob and I will check into a local hotel, that will knock the number at the house down by 2.
I agree with Alan, theres plenty of room on the boat to social distance and say hey to everyone and have a good time but the house is another story.  we will plan on our meals and sleeping away from the house.
see ya'll on the boat.

foakes

Just to be clear -- you guys need to stay safe.

Speaking for myself, this is not about fear -- or being macho, or headstrong.  It is about a responsibility to respect and make sure that we do not put other's health in jeopardy -- even if only a perception on their part.

Sue & I have been social distancing for 4 months now -- It is easier for us than many others.  We live in a remote area of the mountains -- are semi-retired -- are prepared and stocked up -- and have great online resources.  For those working full-time -- those with young kids at home -- folks running businesses -- it is much, much harder.  I understand and appreciate that.

Here is a quick article in our local paper today -- that is pretty much indicative of what is going on around the country -- whether or not we choose to believe that there is an issue with Covid, or not --

Everyone on this site -- and their families, are very important to me -- please stay safe by using common sense -- whether this trip happens -- or not.  Or is rescheduled for a later, safer time.

Best, Fred

-----------------------

OPINION

'Because of my stupidity.' COVID-19 victim's last words a lesson for all Californians

BY THE SACRAMENTO BEE EDITORIAL BOARD
07/03/2020

The past few weeks will go down in history as some of the most disastrous in California history.

After an unwise and unscientific rush to reopen the state, COVID-19 infections are spiking in California, including here in Sacramento. The California miracle has become the California nightmare. We bent the curve and avoided the worst-case scenario in March, April and May with an unprecedented statewide stay-at-home order.

Then, our leaders surrendered. Bowing either to political pressure or to scientifically dubious optimism, they initially refused to impose a mask requirement to help prevent the spread of the virus. Then, with no mask rule in place, they rushed to reopen bars, restaurants and churches before it was safe. They also refused to enforce the rules or crack down on flagrant violations.

The result of this failure of leadership was entirely predictable. Crowds packed the bars and restaurants. Families gathered for barbeques and parties. Martial arts gyms reopened without physical distancing or masks.

To be clear, most Californians did their part to protect public health by wearing masks, avoiding crowds and following public health rules. Unfortunately, some people dropped their guard, disregarded warnings and, for a brief moment, seemed to be enjoying a summer without consequences.

Until now. Infections are now surging in Sacramento County, where officials reported 1,000 new cases last week and Intensive Care Unit (ICU) beds have become scarce. Nearly 6,000 Californians have died of the virus, and the number will continue to rise.

None of this is surprising. Anyone who had paid close attention to what had happened in other places that reopened too quickly saw this coming. Other countries and states that prematurely reopened also saw infections spike.

On May 29 this Editorial Board warned Sacramento residents against risking their lives by venturing out.

"Please don't be fooled by the sudden wave of reopening restaurants, stores and salons around Sacramento," we wrote. "COVID-19 still stalks California. It will infect and kill many more people before this pandemic ends."

We noted that one local establishment "had patrons at every table and a crowd at the bar." We noted that the governor's mixed messages about the seriousness of the pandemic were confusing people. We noted that Lassen County had been forced to close down again after its rushed reopening resulted in a spike in infections.

"We are definitely headed in that direction, and the next four weeks will be pretty interesting," Dr. Lisa Barcellos, a UC Berkeley epidemiologist, told us at the time.

West Sacramento Mayor Chris Cabaldon called Yolo County's plans to reopen "a clear danger" to his city. He said California didn't have the testing and contact tracing capabilities necessary to reopen safely.

And here we are: Shutting down again as infections spike.

Gov. Gavin Newsom, and Sacramento County Public Health Director Peter Beilenson, own the most responsibility for this unfolding catastrophe. At a time when COVID-19 still posed a serious threat to public health and safety, they gave the green light to reopen. Many people interpreted their actions as a signal that it was fine to relax and return to normal life. Newsom and Beilenson must learn from these mistakes and avoid repeating them. They must follow science and refuse to be cowed by political pressure.

The rising infections we see today are the direct result of their error and, once the deaths are counted, they will need to fully account for their terrible decisions. Our leaders are not, however, solely to blame for this deadly debacle. The people who crowded the bars, refused to wear masks or decided to hold parties in the middle of the deadliest pandemic in memory must also take a look in the mirror. The irresponsible actions of a few have set us all back. Some people will pay with their lives due to these lapses in judgment.

"I went out a couple of weeks ago ... because of my stupidity I put my mom and sisters and my family's health in jeopardy," wrote Thomas Macias, a 51-year-old truck driver from Southern California who got infected with COVID-19 after attending a party last month. "This is no joke. If you have to go out, wear a mask, and practice social distancing."

Macias died the day after he wrote this, according to NBC News, but his final words are the best advice you'll ever get.

Don't be stupid. Stay home. Avoid crowds. Wear a mask. Stay alive so that you – and your loved ones – can celebrate the day this coronavirus nightmare finally ends.

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

pjstevko

Quote from: Big Tim on July 07, 2020, 02:08:52 AM
For one of the few times I agree with Fred & I agree with Fred more than you think. I am 100% OK with going fishing, every man for themselves. But what I worry about today is the fact that we are going to have 20 people from 20 different homes from 20 different parts of the state meeting at one house to party ... I have not seen my son for over 2 months and he just had to quarantine for 14 days because of a covid-19 interaction, #### means different things when #### hits close to home.  I approached Alan about 10 people paying $200.00 each to charter the boat & it turned into this? I'm not so sure I'm OK with this party. We need to tighten things up a bit or I'm going pull to the plug on my end...I need to see my son, and he is 100% on the same page with me.

Big Tim are you guys still in on this trip?

alantani

a few have dropped out, the rest are spreading out....... 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Big Tim

Quote from: pjstevko on July 08, 2020, 02:52:45 AM
Quote from: Big Tim on July 07, 2020, 02:08:52 AM

Big Tim are you guys still in on this trip?

Working the details out. I will be at the house, my son and crew at a B & B, not 100% sure  to show at the house.

Neilman

Yesterday's post from SLO Cnty Health Director is expecting the county to be placed on the CA Watchlist.  I compared their #'s to ours, up here in Solano:

san luis obispo cnty (2018 pop: 284,010),  43 new cases overnt, expecting to be added to CA Cnty Watchlist.  This is relative to solano cnty (2018 pop: 446,610)  70 new cases/day from 7/2-7/5.

https://www.slocounty.ca.gov/Departments/Health-Agency/Public-Health/Department-News/COVID-19-Updates/Officials-Say-SLO-County-Heads-for-State's-Watch-L.aspx

Like I told Alan, in light of this pandemic I did not plan to socialize or visit the clubhouse this yr.  That can wait.  I just plan to fish & wave 'hello' to yall, my extended family.  I've never fished out of Morro Bay & heard great things about it when conditions are right...Not to make light of the subject but this chat could use some music, one with an appropriate title(?)