News about Sal, Prayers are needed

Started by Dominick, September 11, 2020, 12:22:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tightlines667

I am sorry for your loss.  My last message on this forum was from the man.  I can not imagine this forum without him.  Sal was knowledgable, overly helpful, and generous to a fault.  I considered him a friend though we never met in person.  He will truely be missed.

John

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Bill B

I've had all day to digest this news, and still cannot find any words to show what I feel.....Bill.
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

sabaman1

My sincere condolences and prayers go out to the Ciarlante family for their loss of Sal! He was and is a very helpful, caring, and most of all
compassionate man always willing to step up and help solve a problem. His spirit will live on through all of us here on the forum! Sal you are and
will be very missed!
JIM

Rothmar2

Sincere condolences Cathy for your loss. His wisdom and generosity will be missed by many on here. As many have already said, he touched and influenced many he never physically met. A hallmark of a great man. Strength for the road ahead. He will not be forgotten. :'(

CaptainRMF

Just read this very sad news. My sincere condolences to Cathy and your entire family on your loss. SAl was a true gentleman and extremely generous man. Thaough I never met him I had the pleasure of having him work on some of my reels. In true Sal form he would not take a penny for his work. All he asked is that I Pay it Forward at some point. I have tried to live up to that philosophy. RIP Sal.
Richy aka CaptainRMF

Tiddlerbasher

Cathy I'm struggling to type this, my deepest condolences to you and the family. Salvatore, amico mio, riposi in pace.

coastal_dan

:'( Rest well brother for you have worked so hard in this life being one of the most positive and influential beings on our small planet.  With true love and respective we say 'see you soon'...I know we'll meet again.  So many fond memories will not fade quickly...
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

gstours

I,m very sorry to hear the news of Sals death and know that he was a fighter and good provider to his family.  We know that his suffering is over and  now he is resting from this terrible illness.  My thoughts also go to his loving Kathy and his boys,  may you be at peace very soon.
   Sal was a very kind and generous man and shared his surplus with many of us here. 
Sal was the first person to help me post some of my work and fishing picture to this forum and I am forever a different person.
   Butt if theres another contribution Sal gave us ,   Its the Tank.  The Tank has fished on my boat several summers and its memorys will go on forever as was his helpfulness.   Now is the time to straiten up my act so I can see him in Heaven.   Here,s to Unkle Sal......

broadway

Is there any way to keep this at the top for at least the long weekend so all members can pay their respects?
Thank you,
Dom

oldmanjoe

So sorry to hear this kind of news , My deepest condolences to the family .
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

1badf350

Cathy and Family. My heart breaks for you. Sal was such a kind and generous man. I once sent him a counterbalanced 12/0 handle blade with a broken knob. I had no use for it, but figured he could use it for something since I don't possess his level of skill. I said, "Sal maybe you can use this more than me."
Well a week later I received an unexpected package back from Sal. It was the handle I had given him with a beautifully crafted wood knob installed!
What a great guy and I'm really gonna miss talking to him.

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

Brewcrafter

Cathy and Family - My deepest condolences, may you continue to have strength and find peace. - john

vilters

i'm so in shock over this news. Sal was a great man, as evidenced by the outpouring from this community. i was also one of the many he helped with his time and generosity, and enjoyed and learned so much from his presence here. he's such a large part of A/T and will be missed hugely. fortunately, his posts will remain for all of us. thoughts and prayers especially to his family in this sad time. 

wfjord

I'm so sorry to hear this news. Sal was and is such a fine person.  He's moved beyond the pain and uncertainty of this world.

Tile

In solid fiberglass we trust