News about Sal, Prayers are needed

Started by Dominick, September 11, 2020, 12:22:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Quote from: broadway on July 13, 2021, 08:36:57 PM
You did a great job with that reel, and have given much of yourself to the "Penn Community."
Thank you, Mike!
Best to you and yours,
Dom

Broadway Dom said it all.  I concur.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Penn Chronology

Thank you for the Kudos.

Here are the Sal Type Upgrades added to the old Accurate / Penn 4/0. There is very little Penn stuff left in this reel. Every time I look at this reel I think of Sal and the people that helped me build it. It is together again (last photo), waiting for the next innovations that make me take it down again. I am thinking it needs a better handle knob. This one is pretty but not strong like the reel is. Time will tell.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Penn Chronology

QuoteLooks Great Mike!

Thanks!

I am not strong enough to make the drags slip. I used a 50 pound class rod, 80 pound mono, 40 pound weight and my Accurate 4/0. Drag full on but not tight. Sal would be proud.

broadway

Awesome shots, Mike!
Yes, Sal would be proud, but extra proud if you got that weight off the floor in the last photo. ;)
I'd say that reel is a keeper.
So cool,
Dom

Penn Chronology

QuoteAwesome shots, Mike!
Yes, Sal would be proud, but extra proud if you got that weight off the floor in the last photo. Wink
I'd say that reel is a keeper.
So cool,
Dom

Glad you enjoyed the photos. The weight only left the floor on one side. That was the last pull. I do not have enough strength to lift a 40 pound weight on the end of a six foot rod off the floor. It was too tough for me. Besides, everything was so stressed by the last pull I felt something was about to give and I did not want to eat that fishing pole. The test was a success. If an occasion ever comes up to fish that reel, I will have confidence in it now.

broadway

I should say you would have confidence in it, as I believe there aren't many things swimming that it can't haul in with a solid angler as yourself.
Sal would appreciate it, and love that you didn't eat that pole... unless it was smothered in marinara sauce. ;D
Best
Dom

Benni3

I like this,,,, ;) great photos of testing it out,,,,, :D sal always wanted me to test his reels out and it was difficult to figure out,,,,,,,,,, ;D

Penn Chronology

Benni3

Quote from: Penn Chronology on July 16, 2021, 09:46:32 PM
Those look like fun test to me.
I want to see you catch a fish on yours,,,,,, ;) one trip,,, :D that reel looks lucky,,,,,,,,,, ;D

Penn Chronology

QuoteI want to see you catch a fish on yours,,,,,, Wink one trip,,, Cheesy that reel looks lucky,,,,,,,,,, Grin

Me too. Maybe someday. I do not do the kind of fishing a reel like that would be right for but maybe someday a special trip will come up. If not, it lives in a safe place in my curio cabinet.

Bill B

Mike, maybe fly out west for the next "Board Meeting" in Morro Bay....
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Penn Chronology

QuoteMike, maybe fly out west for the next "Board Meeting" in Morro Bay....

Sounds like something I should put on bucket list.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Penn Chronology

QuoteAwesome Mike! Simply Awesome!

Thanks!