News about Sal, Prayers are needed

Started by Dominick, September 11, 2020, 12:22:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Jones

Kathy,
Thank you for checking in! We have been and will continue to pray for you, Sal and yours. Thank you so much for being so strong for our friend.
ROnald Jones
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

thorhammer

Kathy, please tell Sal Thorhammer loves him and is praying for him. He's been so good to all of us- and you too- I so much enjoyed dinner with you guys- I thought I was full, and you asked Dan to come help you bring out chicken Parm :)

Sal is a light. He's the best.

John

Donnyboat

Yes I agree, Sal is the best, when I announced that my son was having his kidney removed, Sal sent me a personal message, then took the time to follow up about 6 weeks later, when I asked him how he was going with his health, he replied, I am doing just fine, he obviously was having lots of trouble then,  thats the nature of the man, for a person living on the other side of the world & we have never met, we hope you can get through this trying time, with full recovery, stay positive pal, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

AC49

Wow just came across this post now.
Wishing Sal all the best from Cape Town South Africa
1 day at a time Sal !!

All the best
Alan

PacRat

Years ago I was surfing the web looking for information on repairing my beloved Penn reels when I came across a post about a legendary 4/0 named the Tank. The more I read about the Tank the more intrigued I became and I couldn't wait to perform these same mods on my own 4/0.

Then I realized that the driving force behind this legendary reel was a guy named Sal. Sal, you are the beacon that draws so many of us to this wonderful group of like-minded people who share this love and attraction, not just to fishing but to innovation and craftsmanship, and pushing these reels to their absolute limits. I want to thank you for that because this group, this place, is very special to me. Thank you Sir. I believe you are one 'Tank' of a human being and I pray for your continued strength to beat this illness. Get well Buddy, we miss you.
-Mike aka PacRat

Rothmar2

Only just seeing this, and this is just devastating to hear. I hope Sal can pull through this like Alan did a couple of years ago. Much of the innovation that has been done here on Penn reels can be traced back to Sal. I know I wouldn't have even thought, or have been inspired to have done some of the modifications I have done to a variety of reels if it wasn't for Sal's work with the Tank. The testing of aftermarket parts which many now enjoy has largely been carried out by him as well. The unconditional help he gives to us all is the mark of a true gentleman.
Please fight this and win Sal. Thoughts out to you and your family. Hope to see you posting here again soon.

Bryan Young

Aloha Sal,

I think of you everyday and night.  Hoping for the best and God Speed to your healing.  I am praying for you buddy.

I am also praying for your family.  I know the toll it takes on the family.  May your family is given strength to support each other and you from afar.

Aloha ka kou,
Bryan 
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

jason_purdy

Just reading about this disheartening news. Sal you're an inspiration to many on this board. For all the good will and karma you've put out into the world, I hope you reap the blessings now. Stay strong.

-Jason

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Ron Jones

Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

bhale1

sabaman1

Prayers for Sal and his family, dear heavenly Father we ask that you take care of Sal and be at his side right now to comfort him and to let him know that you care and love him. That he and his family will fill the comfort of your incredible love through which your son Jesus Christ expressed with healing and compassion. In Christ Jesus name we pray. Amen

We all Love and Care for you Sal!
JIM

Benni3

I have been thinking and praying everyday,,,,,, ??? But there's one thing that I know,,,,,this man throws rocks for a living and construction like my grandfather did,,,,he said,,,,you got to be the best,,,fastest and cheapest,,,,so I know uncle sal is going  to pull through this and he said he wanted to go fishing with me.

fishforfun

Praying for you buddy, wishing a full and prompt recovery, god bless you, Cathy and family, godspeed.
Dave.

xjchad

Thinking about you and praying daily Sal!
Husband, Father, Fisherman