show us your T4XN senators

Started by milne, November 07, 2020, 07:11:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milne

Hi All,   
         Finally got my Tiburon T4XN, ( Thanks Randy ), beefed up inside.
   Upgraded everything inside to S/S, double dogs and up graded Drags.
The Handle just does not cut it with my new narrowed senator.
So, show us what you have done as far as handles on yours ???

Secondly, I haven't quite sorted out this reels end use !!... I'm not really a braid person, but could be persuaded...
What is everyone using them for, or targeting ??  What type of Rod and line are you all using ???

I need inspiration    ;)

Col

54bullseye

Col
This is my line up.  T60XN - T4XN - T4N - T4 -    All double dogged and hot rodded by our friend Sal !!!! Haven't used any of them and probably won't. They are beautiful reels and not for sale !!  They are eye candy to me.     John Taylor

mo65

I love these handles by the Boss...not sure if they are still around though.

https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=12785.0 

Another favorite is Ted's handle...but again...not sure if they are still available.

https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=25112.0

Great lookin' reels guys! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

steelfish

this is mine, I havent done much to it, other than my special handle from Sal (very unique), octagon insert drag with custom cut drag washers (from Keta custom's), SS dog from Keta also, steel stock main drag and delrin washers under the main drag and at the top of the drag stack, other than that is pretty much stock internals, my next upgrade will be the SS Sleeve.

my build thread is here https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=24249.0
The Baja Guy

JoseCuervo

Quote from: mo65 on November 07, 2020, 12:32:26 PM
  I love these handles by the Boss...not sure if they are still around though.

https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=12785.0  

Great lookin' reels guys! 8)

Yep, those are the way to go. I picked up two more of each Thursday from the source, but supplies through him may be limited-

Rob

milne

Thanks for the replies guys.

John, your collection is real eye candy, beautiful !!  and done by the master himself.
 That in it self gives them the extra " special " factor,,, thankyou for sharing...

Rob/Mo, Yep, that sort of handle really does look the goods,  I just never got excited with the standard look after the insides were completely tricked up. but those types of handles really look the goods guys.

Steelfish, I did look at your build thread, it was a good thread and did help me with mine.
  Just looking at the size of this narrowed senator. really does excite me, especially after doing the internals, it should be a real tank.

I have another 3 to do, a wide, and 2 standard sized Tiburon Senators, and of course my Squidder and a Jigmaster with an Accurate frame I got from Ted. All will be tricked up fully inside and there all going to be fished and be my go to rods on the boat.
Thanks for the inspiration on the handles Guys, perfect....

Who's actually fishing with a TX4N though ???
Would love to here from someone on what they have spooled up with, line capacity and what rod they have paired it with and what they use it for, it really intrigues me holding it in my hand, I'm picking it will be a beast of reel...... I'm excited   ;D

Col

scrinch

Here are my XN's. I've got two T4XN's and one T6XN. I've used both for halibut and lingcod in Alaska, and I used one T4XN with live bait on the SOA this past month, but it didn't get bit. They all have standard guts except for steel sleeves and Bryan's drag upgrades. I use 100 lb braid with 60lb mono topshots. The round handles are from Alan Chui and the T6 handle is from Alan Tani.

milne

Hi Scrinch, That is a mighty fine group of reels there, thankyou for showing them.
      And thanks for detailing what you use them for, awesome.
I kinda think, these little 4/0's probably have a myriad of uses, I'm figuring I may walk down the path of braid with a mono top shot.
I wouldn't have a use for it in our local bay, which is where 75% of my fishings is done while I live here in Melbourne, but I do head out from the bay here out wide, which opens up it's potential use. My regular travels, 5-6 times a year, sees me hitch up and travel anywhere from 4 hours to 12 hours, to get access to head out to the shelf on the tuna or Marlin with larger yellow tail or as we call them king fish are on offer, so these are the situations that these Tiburon Senators will come in to play, ( more if my other half will agree to a nice semi retirement further north  ;D ). So it is also for the future I am gearing up.
  Thanks for your info, No matter what I end up spooling them with, there going to be awesme fun to fish..

Col

ReelFishingProblems

My T4XN is my favorite reel. It is the perfect example of everything this site brings to bear in the hot-ridding world of reels. I have used it a few times fishing for grouper and snapper in the Gulf of Mexico. I never caught anything large enough to put any test to it.

Nick

milne

Nick, That's a ripper of a reel, wow...  Thank you for sharing....

We have some amazing tricked up Reels on this site, simply amazing.
And they will still be showing them in another 50 years, maybe our kids will be  ;D

Col

steelfish

Quote from: milne on November 07, 2020, 11:09:17 PM
Who's actually fishing with a TX4N though ???
Would love to here from someone on what they have spooled up with, line capacity and what rod they have paired it with and what they use it for, it really intrigues me holding it in my hand, I'm picking it will be a beast of reel...... I'm excited   ;D
Col

hey Col,

I actually made the same question few years ago when the T4n1 kit aka T4XN tib kit was born (1 get t4xn kits have printed T4n1 after our Alan Tani Boss), check this thread

https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=23829.0

mine its alway with me when fishing from a boat

The Baja Guy

Hardy Boy

I have fished mine for a few years now. I have double dogged it, SS sleeve, SS 4:1 gears, Maxed out lever and 5 stack DW. I loaded it with 80 lb braid. I have caught yellowtail at Cedros and all sorts of halibut, rockfish and ling cod here in BC. A capable reel.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

David Hall

Great picture Todd, love the wake behind a trolling Penn.

thorhammer

Quote from: ReelFishingProblems on November 08, 2020, 12:00:03 PM
My T4XN is my favorite reel. It is the perfect example of everything this site brings to bear in the hot-ridding world of reels. I have used it a few times fishing for grouper and snapper in the Gulf of Mexico. I never caught anything large enough to put any test to it.

Nick

Nickie, thoroughly disappointed that you would have that single reel as an orphan. You're me guy, so I'll take it off your hands to join my thusly appointed  std width and yellowtail sporting the matching Lou grips.  He jeweled mine so I expect you will work the blade with Dremel prior to shipment. I will duly provide bottle of that peat jockwater ya'll sample, calling it angels breath or some crappola....

Petah

Well, here's mine!!!!!
Don't really think I can do anything else to it!!!
It's a beast!!! I fish 50lb on a yo-yo set-up!

Peter