LH Cortez Conversion Squidder

Started by kmstorm64, June 28, 2021, 01:58:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kmstorm64

This is a post that should of been up here a while ago, but life got in the way and now I am trying to catch up.  I had emailed Tom at Cortez, and asked him about converting a Squidder kit to LH.  At the time it hadn't been done,  but he thought it shouldn't be an issue.  I had gotten a LH SS 98-155 from Alan way back when and  held on to it for the right reel.  When I saw the Cortez Squidder, I knew that was going to be the reel.   Add a Petah Double Dog Bridge, and I was in 7th heaven.  I have to admit 2020 did not give me a chance to try this baby out.  I have a salmon charter I am going on soon, and hope to take this with me.  They don't like braid up here, so I may have to switch spools.  So to the best of my knowledge, I think I have the worlds first Left Handed Cortez Conversion Double Dogged Squidder or LHCCDD_Squidder for short.
Bad day of fishing still beats a good day at work!

Ron Jones

Even got the Boss' handle!
Very Nice
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Rancanfish

That's definitely nice looking.  I love my CC squidder.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

philaroman

you can do better (I mean the name, of course)
something as unique as the reel...  how 'bout:

Squidder-C2D2Sinister  8)  ( Dexter would be the "common" R/H )

Rothmar2

Wicked looking reel. Good luck on the charter.

I'm curious to see the Peetah DD bridge. I had a quick look through the Jigmaster/Squidder category, but couldn't find any thread on it. Was this ever posted?

kmstorm64

Peetah mentioned it he was working on one. I reached out to him, and the rest is history.

Rothmar2

All good, have done a Squidder bridge as per mhc's method, and wondered if someone else had come up another way.

Got to DD another Squidder bridge to complete my latest Cortez/Tiburon project

kmstorm64

Quote from: philaroman on June 28, 2021, 08:38:31 PM
you can do better (I mean the name, of course)
something as unique as the reel...  how 'bout:

Squidder-C2D2Sinister  8)  ( Dexter would be the "common" R/H )

Well it is Red, it is owned by a Left Handed Person...Squidder Diablo!