Sal

Started by Bill B, September 28, 2021, 04:25:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

conchydong

I accidently posted on another thread but deleted it but if you guys can video your tribute to Sal and send it to Cathy, I am sure that she would appreciate it.
If you do it early enough in the morning, she may be able to share it with people during the memorial service. Just a thought.

Porthos

Quote from: Dominick on September 30, 2021, 12:33:25 AM
Porthos, the Tank is in socal with Brewcrafter.  PM my your address and I will have John get it to you.  Dominick

Oh, I thought Bill B (Tarfu) was going to meet up with Brewcrafter...

Bill B

Yes I will be picking up the Tank on Friday from John Brewcrafter.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Porthos

Quote from: Bill B (Tarfu) on September 30, 2021, 03:11:51 AM
Yes I will be picking up the Tank on Friday from John Brewcrafter.  Bill

Great! I feel a whole lot better knowing the Tank isn't being sent through a shipping service given the horror stories these days.

Porthos

What's the Tank currently spooled with as main line?

Bill B

Unknown to me....maybe John will chime in, otherwise I will find out on Friday...Bill

thorhammer

Had 100 braid with about 100# mono topshot when I used it last, but that was a couple years ago. Dunno if ot's been changed out so John or Dominick will weigh in.

Wai, fyi, it's a YTS width- but Dommie has caught marlin with it in Mexico and I think Chris got a sword in NZ.

Porthos

Quote from: thorhammer on September 30, 2021, 03:05:03 PM
Had 100 braid with about 100# mono topshot when I used it last, but that was a couple years ago. Dunno if ot's been changed out so John or Dominick will weigh in.

Wai, fyi, it's a YTS width- but Dommie has caught marlin with it in Mexico and I think Chris got a sword in NZ.

I'll bring the hollow core spools for a splice connection up to 100 lbs. Sal, in the official Tank thread, stated 25 lbs drag multiple times.

Dominick

The Tank has 80lb braid with 50lb topshot.  If anyone thinks it should be changed, let's discuss it.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Porthos

Is the 80 lb solid or hollow?

Dominick

Quote from: Porthos on September 30, 2021, 05:53:30 PM
Is the 80 lb solid or hollow?

I think it is solid.  Alan loaded it up.  Maybe he remembers.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Porthos

If solid, I can use a section of 100 lb hollow for the connection, and perhaps do an end loop on the tag end. Or, just tie a Bimini Twist Loop with the solid.

Can then make three wind-ons in 50, 60, and 80 lb, so anyone wanting to fish the Tank in one of those weights can switch out as needed...

Brewcrafter

Dominick - No need to $hip - Bill is stopping by my house tomorrow (Friday) to pick up a few necessary items and he can bring it to the boat.  Maybe Alan or one of the guys living up by you can bring it back up to it's caretaker?  I can't thank you enough I tell you it was a blast to fish on the RP 8 day for Yellowtail and was a real conversation starter. - john

Porthos

Hollow core end loops for the wind-ons completed.

The 80 lb (right) is ready--just need decide the length of mono and snip off leader spool. The 50 and 60 (left) just need their mono inserted...may do that while we're outbound.

Bill B

Mission successful......met up with John (Brewcrafter) and took possession of the Tank, and 5, errrrr, I mean 4 cases of donations for the trip.....or was that 3 cases ?    Anyway thank you John for the BJ's brewery donation, I'm sure it won't last long.  Also went through my terminal tackle with John and filled in a few blank spaces.  Thank you so much John!

Also does anyone know where the Tank Logbook is?  John did not receive it when he picked up the tank.  Maybe we can have it overnighted to a member going on the trip.

The Tank seems to have 80 lb mono top shot, according to the micrometer. 

Wai.....any tips on remembering to bring the reel bag along on the trip? 😆😆😆

Bill