Sal

Started by Bill B, September 28, 2021, 04:25:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill B

Me again....I just went through the Tank making sure all the external screws were tight and discovered one of the upper bridge screws is stripped.....the screw that has the partial threads and goes through the yoke.....I would replace it but have none in stock.  Does anyone have an extra? Otherwise I can pull one from another reel. 
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Porthos

Call Save-On Tackle in Santa Fe Springs...unless there is a repair shop closer to you with screw in stock.

Last chance would be Squidco when they open up Tues at 8AM before we board.

Brewcrafter

Bill  - Or you can stop back by here.  I don't have a big parts supply; but I have enough 113H that I can pull the screw out of one. - John

Bill B

Thanks brother....I have it covered now....How was the lobster trip?  Bill

Wompus Cat

Man I sure hope I am WRONG but it looks like the screw pulled some thread out of the plate when you blow it up  and you will need another plate and a screw .
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Bill B

I think you are right....I should have looked closer and tried a different screw....Bill

Wompus Cat

Well what you can do if the threads are messed up on the plate is just use some Elmers glue on the end of it  and stick it back and it will be good to be shown for the Memorial then repair it later . If you don't have a new plate to use now and or time .

Bill B

I will make a quick swap tomorrow and get the Tank back on track.  I feel like a noob for not looking closer and catching that.  Guess if I tried swapping out the screw I would have found it.  Bill

Porthos

Someone needs to tell "Murphy" and his "Law" that neither are not on the trip list...nor their friend "Zing Pow."

Brewcrafter

Down to the wire, but I also have a factory 113H bridge if you want to grab it on your way down, or on your way back through town. - john

thorhammer

Quote from: Bill B (Tarfu) on October 01, 2021, 11:21:55 PM
Mission successful......met up with John (Brewcrafter) and took possession of the Tank, and 5, errrrr, I mean 4 cases of donations for the trip.....or was that 3 cases ?    Anyway thank you John for the BJ's brewery donation, I'm sure it won't last long.  Also went through my terminal tackle with John and filled in a few blank spaces.  Thank you so much John!

Also does anyone know where the Tank Logbook is?  John did not receive it when he picked up the tank.  Maybe we can have it overnighted to a member going on the trip.

The Tank seems to have 80 lb mono top shot, according to the micrometer. 

Wai.....any tips on remembering to bring the reel bag along on the trip? 😆😆😆

Unless Dominick finally got it and didn't mention, the Log may belong to USPS. I sent it back to him last I had it but I don't think it got there.

My vote for pic of the month- the Tank matches Billy's beer.

Bill

Donnyboat

Maybe of interest, did it have two Dogs, the new plate may need modifying, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Wompus Cat

Quote from: Donnyboat on October 04, 2021, 05:55:03 PM
Maybe of interest, did it have two Dogs, the new plate may need modifying, cheers Don.

The Bridge Plate is the Same Dual Dog or Not on the 113 . It is the Side plate where the Dog fits in that is different .
Sal Modified the Plate to accommodate Dual Dogs and put it in a thread quite some time ago .
The Newer versions of the Side plate has the Cut out in them for dual Dogs .
I will link the thread when I find it . Beautiful work he did  on this .

Here is the Link
https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=3083.0

Bill B

Crisis adverted.....opened the Tank and found a stainless steel double dog bridge.  The original brass screw WAS stripped.  Replaced it and we are back in business.  Bill

Wompus Cat

Man that is Great News .
Plus did not know they had a dual Dog bridge assembly  for the 113 ?????  Or maybe I did and am thinking about the 114 6/0 I built.

Makes it EASY to service with them self contained like that