The List - SOA 3-day, June 14-17 - Alan Tani, chartermaster

Started by alantani, November 11, 2021, 12:37:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill B

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

pjstevko

Quote from: Keta on May 06, 2022, 11:46:37 PMDid we price the tip into the total this time?
I believe a 15% tip was included on the trip cost.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

Thank you Alan. 

"Extra" tips are always appreciated by the crew too.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bill B

I've been reading the long range reports and it seems that the larger grade BF's are becoming more common in the reports.  My biggest outfit is a Fathom 40NLD2 with 80# top shot.  Will this be enough?  Unless I unleash a Penn 9/0 or a 114HLW.  Bill

Keta

Quote from: Bill B on May 19, 2022, 12:47:45 AMI've been reading the long range reports and it seems that the larger grade BF's are becoming more common in the reports.  My biggest outfit is a Fathom 40NLD2 with 80# top shot.  Will this be enough?  Unless I unleash a Penn 9/0 or a 114HLW.  Bill

Yes snd no, talk to Alan about borowing the right heavy rig. My son will use my Avet 30, I will have a International 16 but might have larger just incase.

Mark Twain

pjstevko

Bill seeing as how you're doing more and more SD trips I'd invest in a 100# setup of your own....

I went Mak 16SEa with 100# braid on a PCH 741xxxh as mine

sciaenops

Bill-

What Lee & PJ said. Either borrowed or bought, the 100#+ outfit has become the standard for nite dropping for bigger bft. I would suggest a 20 size reel & a rail rod rated up to 130#. Mak20/Axis720x3h/120# braid/100#mono topshot works for me.  Your FTH40NLD2 w/80# will work in a pinch (also as a heavy daytime setup) but Boat crews really like to see heavy gear in the dark to get fish up before "everyone gets involved" lol.

Bill B

MarkT

Bill, my 100# rigs are an HXW Raptor on a pch 741xxxh and a Mak 20 SEa on a Viper 76.  Ya wanna borrow one for the trip?
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Hardy Boy

Bill: Mark has good gear and his rental rates are really good !!.................. I know from experience.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

Bill B

Quote from: MarkT on May 19, 2022, 08:37:54 PMBill, my 100# rigs are an HXW Raptor on a pch 741xxxh and a Mak 20 SEa on a Viper 76.  Ya wanna borrow one for the trip?

You the Man, thank you Mark, I'll take you up on the offer.  Bill

Keta

I was scrambeling to get a 80/100 pound reel for my son to use and a friend offered me a killer deal on a 16VISX that I could not pass on.  It is at Alan's now getting tuned.

Mark Twain

pjstevko

Bill you can go with a 16 or 20 sized reel depending on what you can find in stock!