The List - SOA 8 day, October 4-12, Alan Tani chartermaster

Started by alantani, November 11, 2021, 12:40:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DFT

Oh yes Lee.  Now I remember your Tony the Tiger Marauder caught the first wahoo on the trip at the Rocks.  Thanks Lee.

Ron Jones

Quote from: Bill B on October 14, 2022, 02:03:32 AMOur overnite at the ridge, Alan, Dave, Ron, and I were on the back of the boat fishing for "whatever".  Dave's flylined sardine got picked up and off to the races, but broke off.  Figuring maybe his knot failed I followed suit, great pick up, good run and broke off 🧐. Ok I'll fix his little rd wagon, tied on a titanium leader... now what you gonna do!  Woohoo, picked up in short order, pulling drag, and pow!  Broke off.  Errrr, now Alan gets involved, rigs a multi strand leader, Dave flylined that,  but no takers.  Now it's late, I'm tired, maybe a few beers, and off to bed.  All the pick ups were just outside the deck lights, but figured it was sharks.  Bill

Didn't realize you went to bed. I got one of those three foot bronzies on a dropper loop up to the boat. I've played with stupid little sharks my whole life, there's a knack to it.

The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Ryan W

Does one of those knacks include thumbing the spool?  ;D