Model 110

Started by Shellbelly, July 14, 2022, 01:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shellbelly

Added one of these to the collection.  Have any of you used one?  It looks and feels like a real sturdy machine, but I can't find any fish stories about it.

oc1

The most basic light tackle trolling winch as you will ever find.  No frills, heavy, slow, indestructable.  Too heavy to be called light tackle in todays world.  Too small and not enough drag for trolling in the ocean with a large bait.  They have a great feel to them.

oldmanjoe

I have two of them around here some ware . They are set up for wire line trolling .
     Same reel as the 165 and 167 reels, but a narrow version ! 
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Wompus Cat

Quote from: Shellbelly on July 14, 2022, 01:54:30 AMAdded one of these to the collection.  Have any of you used one?  It looks and feels like a real sturdy machine, but I can't find any fish stories about it.

The reason ya don't hear many Stories about them as they were made before you were Born and  were sold under many many Ocean City names. Several mods in Widths, gearing ,drags, and Handles through the years and just TUFF as Nails ol Turds...lol Many Reel Makers fashioned their wares after them .These Reels only fetched about 12 Bux new which was a LOTTA MONEY for the time  and were the go to rig for ocean fishing till Penn Wiped them off the map imho.
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

oc1

Oh, I thought he was talking about a Penn 110 (1/0).

Shellbelly

I don't have one of those yet. 

handi2

I gave a mint 1/0 to Fred awhile back
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Shellbelly

I've been on the hunt.  Bidding on two now.