tld 20/25

Started by alantani, December 07, 2008, 05:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike ferdinands, Ward, ivansfo, hafizanmansor and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

alantani

Quote from: Cmart104 on November 02, 2011, 01:38:47 PM
Hey everyone! I was fishing my TLD25 last weekend, and the handle stopped spinning.

any luck?
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

redsetta

Quote...i have the most recent shimano schematic and i do not see a key #230.  is that the wrench?
Also known as #146 from the earlier post...
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

alantani

cathauler65

Alan, got mono on the spool so no chance it's slipping. Any thoughts on why the bellevilles are so much thinner? I'm assuming its down to the cuping being flattened out. Am I right in thinking that this should not affect the drag, just how progressive it is?

alantani

the bellevilles will affect the drag range.  but one belleville will not knock the drag down to 11 pounds.  something else is going on.......

cathauler65

Hmm... think i'll strip it all down again & put it back together & see if I get the same result.

BahamaLure

Quote from: alantani on January 17, 2012, 08:59:38 AM

i'm losing it.  i have the most recent shimano schematic and i do not see a key #230.  is that the wrench?

yes the 'C' wrench, I took the number 230 from your photo int he tutorial. I figure I might be able to make one, I'll post back if I can.
Alan

alantani

i've got some extras lying around, um, somewhere....   :-\  if anyone needs one, let me know and i will try to find them. 

Bryan Young

Alan, they were in the bin with all the other misc. tools and wrenches all in one zip lock bag.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Ken_D

Very nice info !!!! I will have a couple to do soon.

mischima

Hi Alan,
carbontex washer, handle and the 2 other washers arrived today in Melbourne Australia!
Only took a week, went straight to work and everything worked well.
Can't wait to catch the first fish on it!

One question:
the washer which goes next to the pre-load spring A (key #60), should both of them have the same hole diameter?
the 1 which you sent me has the same outside diameter as the pre-load spring but a bigger inside hole diameter. it fits and it seems to
work, just curious!?

Thanks a lot, money is on the way!
cheers from down under

Steff

alantani

the belleville get's added to the stack to make a "(()))" configuration.  the large flat washer get's fitted into the pressure plate stack just so that it will stay put.  the hole is too large, but the next size down was too small.   :-\

nagz

Hi guys
I just started work on my first tld 25.
I have hit a snag already.
For some reason I can't get the programmed dial off the lever. Is there a special trick to this?
It just spins but doesn't come off. Did take some effort to get it moving in the first place
Cheers

Bryan Young

did you take apart the right side plate with the spool attached?  If so, the shaft is spinning.  Just hold the shaft while you unscrew the preset knob and it will come right off. 
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

nagz

Lol
Don't you hate that feeling you get when you've been trying to do something so simple and get so frustrated for so long :)
Thanks very much for your help mate, much appreciated. I just hope I havent damaged the knob too much :(