Happy New year to you all..just updated with pic of Vanessa's king

Started by Clem, January 16, 2013, 05:03:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clem

Hi Everyone,

It's been a while so thought I would just jump in and say hello...

Looking forward to the new season; the temprature is great at the moment 60-80F but there is a lot of wind about which has cancelled the last few trips in the North (Musandam). When the guys have got out the YFT and Sailfish have been around...still a bit cool for the GT's.

I got home to NZ for xmas and managed to get out to Mayor Island one day and out to White Island the next, caught some nice Kingfish (Yellowtail) around the 20-25kg mark. My wife Vanessa caught her biggest Kingi to date which went around 15kg...was great fun.

Have been busy servicing when time allows, Don't get many conventionals anymore as most here are using high end spinners...keeps me busy.

Well, plan to get a few posts going once the new Stella turns up - approx end Feb from Japan...looks interesting not too many changes but includes slow oscilllation which will be interesting (similar to the Aero/long cast reels)

I also have a 10 day trip in April to Southern Oman, so will let you know how that goes and post some pics.

Take care everyone... :)

alantani

welcome.  never seen southern oman.  take photos if you can!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

wallacewt

good stuff clem, i ordered the 3mm epoxy c/f .but finding it very hard to get small knobs for the baitcasters.(im try to make some cf blanks and knobs for baitcasters) with clems help.cheers mate,knew id getcha :D :D

Clem

Hi Wallace,,

Great, glad I could help...the difficult part is finding a suitable shaft, I had some made for 1 guy - these were made to suit knobs that fit the Shimano shafts. They were very costly approx 140 USD ea...will come back to you if I find something suitable

redsetta

Happy New Year Clem and all the best for 2013.
Well done on the kingie action and good luck with the Oman trip - looks like a sport-fishing paradise down there!
Cheers mate, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

Quote from: Bryan Young on January 17, 2013, 12:50:39 AM
Happy New year to you too Clem.
Same here, Clem.
You're going to have to get on here more often ;).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Clem

Cheers, guys..updated with a pic of Vanessa's king, this one is from Mayor Island  :)

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

gone fishin

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Dominick

Clem:  She is a beauty (both the fish and the wife).  You have got to love women.  Manicured and with her diamonds on a fishing boat.  ;) She is a keeper.  :) Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bill B

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Clem

Quote from: Pescachaser on January 17, 2013, 08:37:47 PM
Clem:  She is a beauty (both the fish and the wife).  You have got to love women.  Manicured and with her diamonds on a fishing boat.  ;) She is a keeper.  :) Dominick

Hey Dom, she is a keeper alright...loves fishing.. ;D

saltydog

Remember...."The soldier above all other people prays for peace, for he
must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war!" Douglas
MacArthur