For Sale $64.99 ea: 416 Stainless Steel Heat Treated 4:1 Gear Set for PENN 113H

Started by Black Pearl, January 22, 2013, 01:46:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Pearl

Quote from: Bryan Young on May 29, 2013, 02:55:12 PM
Thanks Alan.

Hey guys, did you notice the gear sets available on eBay?

Of course...... I put some there.

broadway

Joel.B

I am tempted by the kit with drags and yoke

if there was a kit that had stainless sleeve, dog, drags, gears and yoke- for about $95.....boy that would sell

would be like a Edelbrock top-end kit for GM 350......carb, cam,  intake, heads....

BMITCH

Joel, that would just make it tooooo easy for everyone. All kidding aside that would be a turn key kit. Team it up with a Tib frame with a color choice and that would be awesome.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Bryan Young

Quote from: Black Pearl on May 29, 2013, 03:04:40 PM
Thanks Alan.

You are funny.  It wasn't for you.  It was for those who got on the wagon a little late so that they can find a set for themselves.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Black Pearl

Quote from: Bryan Young on May 30, 2013, 02:51:20 PM
Quote from: Black Pearl on May 29, 2013, 03:04:40 PM
Thanks Alan.

You are funny.  It wasn't for you.  It was for those who got on the wagon a little late so that they can find a set for themselves.

I know. They still can buy it from here for $55.00 vs $59.99 on Ebay.

By the way, you should receive your sets by now. Any opinions from you?????

Bryan Young

Got them but have a bunch of reels that need to be done by next week. Then, hopefully I can play a little.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Joel.B

I installed mine last night on a YTS "TANK"

WOW!!!!!

Super smooooooth, super quiet, can't wait to tie into something mean and heavy down in Baja

WHoever made these really takes pride in their work,  so far these appear to be the best aftermarket 4:1 gear ever made.

Nicely done Alan, nicely done.  I hope you are proud of what you've done for us- you really should be.

Thank you very much.  Please thank your machinist as well.

Taily

They arrived here today Alan, thank you again for your efforts - they really look the goods!

Regards,

Dave.
Nunc est bibendum....

Ron Jones

I've got mine sitting and waiting for my marlin special kit.

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Black Pearl

Anyone now can also order or purchase (in person) this gear set at following dealers:

1.) Scott's Bait & Tackle
2.) Smooth Drag
3.) Brian's Fishing Supply in Hawaii
4.) Gregg Chow chowderpuff7@yahoo.com

Charkbait (Mark) decided not to carry this gear set. He might change his mind later. 

Ron Jones

Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Bryan Young

Ron,

Brian's is a few doors down from Makiki Zippy's on King Street.

Ron Jones

THAT's why I haven't found them. I have little time for anything East of the Mississippi and even LESS time for most things East of Pearl. I am rapidly adopting the saying.
"You can take the boy out of Farrington, but you can't take the Farrington out of the boy!"

Ron
Ronald Jones
"

lasparky11

I talked to Dawn (via email) the new gear sets (500) that she has, had to sent back to the machine shop. Something to do with the center hole. She also said that it might not fit the 5 stack drag. Just thought I give you an update. Still want the set your going to make.
Gene