alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Experimenting with the 113H drags
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
June 15, 2019, 09:28:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Experimenting with the 113H drags  (Read 69946 times)
Alto Mare

Southeastern Pennsylvania

« Reply #180 on: August 22, 2015, 12:39:17 PM »

You know, Lee made me some custom perforated ss washers a while back and I never tested them, I have to try them out when I get a chance. Thanks again Lee.

Alex, if you're using the Hexagon or Octagon inserts, I wouldn't recommend anything under 1mm in thickness and those need to be laminated.
During my tests, the non laminated washers failed.
By the way, what I mean by laminated is two carbon washers with a fiberglass washer sandwiched in between.

Sal

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.
steelfish
the Baja Guy
Sensei

Sea of Cortez

« Reply #181 on: August 22, 2015, 03:01:53 PM »

By the way, what I mean by laminated is two carbon washers with a fiberglass washer sandwiched in between.
 Sal

Thanks Sal, yes Im using or will be using the octagon inserts from Lee, HT-100 drag washers are laminated and will be used on those inserts, cut to fit.

thanks buddy.
Darin Crofton
Tampa, FL Photographer
Firearms Group

Work is for people who don't fish!

« Reply #182 on: October 27, 2018, 07:19:27 PM »

Thank you for your kind words David. About the 55lbs, I don't think so, I believe we did good with the numbers and shouldn't get too greedy ...but we're not done yet Grin.
Sal
What a cool thread to go back in time and read about what you guys were doing back then!

Sal, did you have to eat these words? lol

I think in another post you ended up getting around 55#'s eventually on a similar setup?

God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: