Homemade Tools & Line Winders

Started by harryk3616, June 02, 2013, 12:05:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tholmes and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

harryk3616

Hi  guys   Here are some pictures of tools that I made to assist me in my reel work, plus photos of me working in my workshop.

my gadget for spinning stiff handle knobs to lossen them up

a wedge to hold up the thumb screw on a jigmaster

a wood jig to hold a spool while i'm removing line with my two funnel line stripper

every day tools, a pin punch with sleeve holder, hose to hold gears in tact

assorted small parts, screws etc plus shoeboxes to hold reel parts

tools hanging by work light, '' alans wrench handy ''

me on my scooter in my work shop groovin

Bryan Young

That's awesome Harry. I love your innovative jigs.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

I'm impressed Harry, very creative ;). That smile on your face on that last shot tells it all.
Tanks for sharing your great ideas Harry, don't ever give up.
Your friend, Sal

Alan, I believe I see photo of the month on that last shot.....
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

pejerey

Nice photos.  I like the idea of your "grease board".  I have the grease in a small cup and I am constantly chasing it around the work bench to get a little grease on the brush.  Question.  When you use the hose on the sleeve, does that allow you to slide it into the side plate and hold the washers and all in place?  I often have trouble with the washers moving out of position and I don't know it until it is all closed up and I test the drag and only have half as much.  Thanks.

harryk3616

hi pejerey       yes,  the hose works fantastic,  depending on which hose you get, worst case you might have to shave the sides a little. i slide on the tube, it holds everything in place, after inserting the bridge and gear assy.  hook up dog and spring, tighten the 4 screws, i slide the tube off and done, excellent.  the piece of wood with the grease brush, is the top of my wd40 wash bowl, works great

harryk3616

hi pejerey       i use it on penn 109's  and penn 9's  right on up to the bigger reels, no problem

john2244

Great work shop!!   Thanks for posting.
John

Mandelstam

"Fish," he said softly, aloud, "I'll stay with you until I am dead." - Santiago, Old Man And the Sea

BMITCH

Love the hose idea. I've been using a rubber band. I'll give this a try. Thanks.  Bob
luck is the residue of design.

doradoben

Very cool, Harry. Do you work on reels other than Penn's ??

harryk3616

hi    doradoben        i mainly work on penn reels  and cardinal spinners 3,4,6and7's  , i collect them as a hobby to occupy myself.   for friends i work on their mitchells, diawas etc gives me something to do.  i enjoy the heck out of it, keeps my wheels turning, don't want my brain to go stale. thanks for the response. if my son helps me again, i'm going to show a reel good thing i made.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Nessie Hunter

Amazing harry, way to go!!!!   :o
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

BMITCH

Harry, the spool jig is a neat idea also. Man I gotta lot of stuff to build now. Thanks for all the great ideas.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

harryk3616

hi    bob      i figured why put extra wear and tear on the reel, stripping the line, if the reel is apart its a cinch.