First Post - Penn GTO 230

Started by blacktip_pr, August 14, 2013, 12:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blacktip_pr

Hey Guys:

Heard about this website in the Florida Sportsman Southeast fishing forum and figured somebody may be able to help me with a Penn GTO 230. I regularly maintain my own reels, spinning reels more often than conventional, and was having some issues with the GTO 230 and decided to disassemble, lubricate, re-tighten it, and hope for the best. Long story short, I have not been able to figure out the correct position for the dog and the dog spring ???. I reviewed the two threads I found in this site ("Penn 220/230GTO stand screws upgrade" and "Penn 230 GTO Levelwind") but they don't show from a complete disassemble to re-assemble these reels. Any information, procedure, or video (even better) will be greatly appreciated. I will be willing to send it to someone who know how to fix them as well.

Thanks for stopping by and tight lines!

alantani

crud, been a while.  it should be the same as the 320 gt2.  http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=9.0  anybody have one apart and can take a photo?
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Cone

"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

blacktip_pr

Gents, thanks much for the great information.

Alan, the 320 and the 230 appears to be very similar as I could identify most of the interior components. Thanks again for the help. This should do it!

Bill B

Welcome to the Darkside...we have cookies....especially chocolate chip....welcome from the Sacramento Delta
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!