Beware of this Ebay seller

Started by Joel.B, August 17, 2013, 09:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joel.B

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171089125360?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

spool was listed as 501, I bought it, did not look too close at pics.....spool arrives and it is a squidder 146 spool. I tell seller, he keeps insisting it is 501 spool- if you look close at his pics you can see what it is.......He refunds, i send it back, now he says I sent him different spool than he sent me.

As if this was some elaborate scheme for me to swap a more valuable 146 spool for a 501 spool. 

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

Quote from: Bryan Young on August 17, 2013, 09:22:17 PM
File a complaint with eBay.
lost cause :-\.
I've purchased and sold over 1000 items...well reels ;D, way before joining here when I was working on my Penn collection.
I have 100% positive feedback, but had to deal with a lot of crap along the way.
I've learned that there is good and bad everywhere, well except here ;).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Seems like where ever you go, There is one in every crowd!
Ebay can be a pain sometimes, but they have all the stuff! ::)
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Quote from: Shark Hunter on August 17, 2013, 09:59:27 PM
Seems like where ever you go, There is one in every crowd!
Ebay can be a pain sometimes, but they have all the stuff! ::)
They HAD all the stuff, but then you came along ;D.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Joel.B

I just got off phone with the guy- he is adamant that it was 501 in his listing, he never had a 146 spool, and that I for some reason used this whole process to swap a 146 spool for a 501........

I sent him ebay item number for 146 spools that are listed, and 501 spools, asked him to compare those pics to his pics in his own listing, he should be able to see shaft sizes, and how far out the clicker-sprocket is on the shaft.

I blame Bryan

Shark Hunter

[/quote]
You created this monster Sal! Don't be hatin'! :D
If I won every reel or part I bid on, I would be bankrupt! I just place a bid for what I think is reasonable. Then walk away til its over. That's the only way I can control myself. I lost a bid in a 12/0 last night that had the counterbalanced handle and one piece spool. All it needed was some new posts. Lost by 2 bucks!
Would have been a good deal for $160 shipped. There will be more! ;D
Life is Good!

Joel.B

Quote from: Shark Hunter on August 17, 2013, 10:30:20 PM

You created this monster Sal! Don't be hatin'! :D
If I won every reel or part I bid on, I would be bankrupt! I just place a bid for what I think is reasonable. Then walk away til its over. That's the only way I can control myself. I lost a bid in a 12/0 last night that had the counterbalanced handle and one piece spool. All it needed was some new posts. Lost by 2 bucks!
Would have been a good deal for $160 shipped. There will be more! ;D
[/quote]

DOnt ever bid until the end, you are only driving the price up on yourself.  INstall a sniper that puts in your bid at final second of the auction, you'll end up with waaaaay too much gear.   

Shark Hunter

I used to snipe. I just do it the old fashioned way now. Its great when you are the sniper, not the snipee.
They should make a 30 second rule like gunbroker. If a bid is placed that close to the end, it extends the auction. That would end the sniping.
Plus, I think it makes it much more rewarding when you beat a sniper by a nickel! ;D
As far as your problem with the spool seller, just file a dispute. There is no reason to get all worked up over it. I try not to sweat the small stuff, it makes my life so much easier! ;)
Life is Good!

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Joel.B

bluefish69

How do you install a sniper?????  Someone has been doing a number on me for things that I wanted. I mostly bid on Newell's & small Penn's
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Bryan Young

Shark Hunter

If you really want to go there bluefish. Its called esnipe. You have to pay for it.
Life is Good!

Joel.B

There are free sniper downloads that people say they really like, I have not used them.  I know much of what I sell gets a handful of bids in final seconds due to these, I asked buyers about them and they love them.