FOR SALE - 250g-350g Spiral Wrapped Jigging/Casting rod by PRO Challenger

Started by Black Pearl, September 07, 2013, 10:14:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Pearl

This fast action jigging/casting rod is the same rod as the 450g-650g Jigging/Casting (
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=5764.0), but this one is lighter and also a spiral wrapped. This 250g-350g jigging rod can lift up to 28# dumb bell weight. Yeah, Boghy has been testing this rod, too. We don't have any video yet, but we will.

Rod specification:

$139.99 plus actual shipping cost by UPS Ground Service with insurance. For Florida resident, 6% sales tax will be added into the order. Please PM with the zip code for shipping cost.

Get yours now......

We accept credit card by phone (561-568-3980) or PayPal (Our account is prochallenger@yahoo.com). Please PM or email to us at sales@prochallenger.com to order. Please let us know the state where the package will be shipped to.

If you have any question, please feel free to reach us at 561-568-3980.

Will upload some pictures later

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a494/prochallenger/66649C00-4932-4790-8E16-66CACFF099C8_zps22qigovz.jpg

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a494/prochallenger/3E733A2F-22B1-4B9A-A2E3-E0A5ACB69A82_zpsoelkjznh.jpg

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a494/prochallenger/4A8B07BB-10D4-4D0C-A81E-6AC35A59689A_zps78icsteu.jpg[/list][/list][/list]

Ron Jones

I'm new to the Gram rating. Can someone confirm that this rod is built for 8-10 ounce jigs?

Thanks
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Shark Hunter

Yes, I don't get the G rating either. Pounds please. My rods are rated in lbs.
Life is Good!

Black Pearl

Quote from: noyb72 on October 06, 2013, 03:13:18 AM
I'm new to the Gram rating. Can someone confirm that this rod is built for 8-10 ounce jigs?

Thanks
Ron

It will be fine. It will also works on a 200g jig as well. Please note that this rod are fast action. It is pretty stiff.

Thanks,
--Alan

Ron Jones

OK, so to be clear.
A 250 Gram rod is the rating based on the mass of the lure. Is it typical for rods outside the US to not have a line weight rating?

Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Black Pearl

Quote from: noyb72 on October 07, 2013, 08:28:35 PM
OK, so to be clear.
A 250 Gram rod is the rating based on the mass of the lure. Is it typical for rods outside the US to not have a line weight rating?

Ron
Typically, yes.

This is more a 30-60 lb line test.

Bucktail

Some will having a line rating listing lb test.  Some others will list the PE (polyethylene) rating, which is how they rate braided lines in some parts of the world.  To convert PE to lb test just find the diameter in mm of the line.  If you only have the diameter in inches you need to first convert the inches to mm and then compare to the chart below.

http://www.metric-conversions.org/length/millimeters-to-inches.htm

PE 0.6 ................................ 0.128mm
                                       PE 0.8 ................................ 0.148mm
                                       PE 1 ................................... 0.165mm
                                       PE 1.2 ................................ 0.185mm
                                       PE 1.5 ................................ 0.205mm
                                       PE 1.7 ................................ 0.218mm
                                       PE 2 ................................... 0.235mm
                                       PE 2.5 ................................ 0.260mm
                                       PE 3 ................................... 0.285mm
                                       PE 3.5 ................................ 0.310mm
                                       PE 4 ................................... 0.330mm
                                       PE 5 ................................... 0.370mm
                                       PE 6 ................................... 0.405mm
                                       PE 7 ................................... 0.435mm
                                       PE 8 ................................... 0.470mm
                                       PE 10 ................................. 0.520mm
                                       PE 12 ................................. 0.570mm
                                       PE 14 ................................. 0.620mm
                                       PE 16 ................................. 0.660mm
                                       PE 18 ................................. 0.700mm
                                       PE 20 ................................. 0.740mm
                                       PE 22 ................................. 0.780mm
                                       PE 24 ................................. 0.810mm

Here are specs of Power Pro in lbs and inches:

Just a jig-a-lo

Black Pearl

$10.00 OFF for one rod, or $210.00 for rods + actual USPS Priority shipping costs.

Shark Hunter

This would look good on the Tank!
Do you know if a 113H would fit on that reel seat Chui?
Life is Good!

erikpowell

Nice looking rod Alan!.... are you making a spinning version?

Black Pearl

Quote from: erikpowell on November 02, 2013, 09:46:58 PM
Nice looking rod Alan!.... are you making a spinning version?
Hi,

No, not yet because I have so many projects are on my plate. It could be happened down in the road.

Black Pearl

Quote from: Shark Hunter on November 02, 2013, 12:48:12 PM
This would look good on the Tank!
Do you know if a 113H would fit on that reel seat Chui?

I just tried it on my 113H, and it fits perfect.

handi2

I know this is an old post but these 350 gram rods are perfect for just about all jigging and bottom fishing situations. The also look cool..!!

We have 2 of them and have had them bent "double" on many occasions with no problems at all. Matched with the Triple reel we have been pulling up some nice Grouper and Amberjack.

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Bryan Young

I didn't even realize you had a lighter rod...and only in Lefty now.  :(
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D