For Sale: $72.99 PENN 115L 2.8:1 Gear Set in 316 SS

Started by Black Pearl, December 04, 2013, 12:14:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Pearl

Now you can order this item or other parts I offer online. Please go to http://mkt.com/pro-challenger-llc and place your order.

The price is $72.99. For outside USA member, there will be $1.50 (PayPal fee) and actual shipping cost by International First Class or Priority mail by USPS. There will be 6% sale tax for any shipping within Florida.

For any order with the LIMITED HEX main gear, please add $5.00 each set.

The standard 115L gear set is also available at the following retailers:

Mystic Reel Parts https://www.mysticparts.com/Custom/ProChallenger/P316115L301.aspx

An order can also be purchased direct from me. If you have any questions, please send me a PM or email me at sales@prochallenger.com. For credit card order, please call me at 561-568-3980.

Gear Specification
=================

• 2.8:1 gear ratio
  • 316 stainless steel graded main gear
  • 420 stainless steel graded heat treated pinion gear
  • Precision helical cutting
  • Extra smooth (smoother than Accurate)
  • Best craftsmanship in the market
  • Over 50lb holding drag power

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"

DaBigOno

I can't wait for payday this week...
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Shark Hunter

I got me four fixes! I'm all set! ;D
Did you get that Brake Ono?
Life is Good!

DaBigOno

I got the brake Daron.  I'm gonna use it to upgrade my 9/0 with Alan's new Hex gears. I'm gonna get max drag out of it.
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Topshot

Does the gear set come with ss pinion gear if not where do we purchase it
Many men fish all their lives without ever realizing that it is not the fish they are after.
Michael Baughman

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Topshot

Many men fish all their lives without ever realizing that it is not the fish they are after.
Michael Baughman

Topshot

One more question. Are drag kits available for the hex gear set or do we have to cut them ourselves??
Michael Baughman

Cone

You will have to cut the carbon fiber for the drags on the Hex. The Penn keyed washers fit. You don't use the eared washers. Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Shark Hunter

They are a royal PIA to cut too. I think you might have bitten off more than you can chew here Topshot!
.140 CF sheet is the way to go and it is pretty much unobtanium right now.
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=9309.0
Life is Good!

Topshot

Oh I will prevail you just wait!!!  Would it be possible with 1.2mm? Or would stack come up short??
Michael Baughman

Shark Hunter

I can help you out with those actually. ;)
I tried some .120 CF and the .140 is a lot more rigid and works much better for this application.
Sal used .140 on his testing.
Just stock penn keyed washers and .140 hex drags are the hot setup! ;)
Life is Good!

Topshot

Quote from: Shark Hunter on January 23, 2014, 03:36:27 AM
I can help you out with those actually. ;)
I tried some .120 CF and the .140 is a lot more rigid and works much better for this application.
Sal used .140 on his testing.
Just stock penn keyed washers and .140 hex drags are the hot setup! ;)
I just need a set for the raffle 9/0 I can wait for the reel I'm building for myself. I don't want to let anyone down
Michael Baughman

Shark Hunter

If you have 1.20 sheet. It will work. The ones I tried weren't laminated. The Laminated CF sheets have some white material in between the Laminated CF. It makes them more rigid and they just work out better for the Hex setup. There is a guy on ebay Sal hooked me up with. Eric, He is a great guy and will give you a discount if you buy a couple sheets.
Life is Good!

Topshot

Quote from: Shark Hunter on January 23, 2014, 05:20:35 AM
If you have 1.20 sheet. It will work. The ones I tried weren't laminated. The Laminated CF sheets have some white material in between the Laminated CF. It makes them more rigid and they just work out better for the Hex setup. There is a guy on ebay Sal hooked me up with. Eric, He is a great guy and will give you a discount if you buy a couple sheets.
I know exactly who your talking about. He had 1.4mm for a while but his connection for cf sheets when under and he's in the process of working something out with a new guy
Michael Baughman