Alan Tani Shark Week

Started by Shark Hunter, February 08, 2014, 08:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChileRelleno

Fort Mcree woul be da'bomb!  8)  I'd happily chip in for fuel for Cone's ferry service.
IIRC, that is one of the few national parks where primitive camping is allowed on the beach.
And it would sure be nice to be away from the zombie apocalypse that Memorial Day weekend is on Pensacola beaches.
I honestly don't think you could 'safely' fish in the area Chris linked on that weekend.
There are also lots of good places on Fort Pickens, heck good places abound in the Panhandle.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

OSIRIS631

Quote from: BMITCH on February 09, 2014, 09:27:33 PM
Dominick, you got that right...LBI. I've also got a soft spot for the south shore of LI. Some areas out there Napeague stretch, you would swear the rest of the world wasn't there. Conde Nast can't be wrong, right? Never been to the Emerald coast, got some friends there.need to make the trip someday. Jersey rules though!

Yeah Mitch... Long Island beaches rule... great fishing too.. heeh
Sometimes your the dog and sometimes your the tree.

floating doc

I don't know if the cobia run extends that long, but if that's the case then we won't be able to do long drops without risking cutoffs. There's going to be a lot of boats running the beaches.
Central Florida

Tightlines667

I sailed a friend'a cal over there a while back and spent a day exploring.  It's a beautiful island w/ lots of cooler upland upper forest type habitat.  The quaint, quiet town has a layer-back feel, and there are some nice remote beaches.  We free dove the fringe reef, which was much healthier then I've seen on the other MHIs, and anchored up just offshore overnight where I filled a bucket w/menpache, and caught and released a few nice sharks (grey reef and white-tip reef).  Federel land management and public access is kinda up in the air right now with the recent privatization of much of the island.  The seabird survey and rehab projects are on hold.  Also, it remains to be seen what impacts, if any the sale of the island might have on the little known excellent pay-per-gun upland bird hunting, sporting clay range, and public access to the excellent Axis deer hunting (bow or gun seasons).  I've been meaning to try to plan a trip back there to do sum bow hunting.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

ChileRelleno

Woohoo!
Just had vacation time confirmed by the boss  ;)
I've the 21st, 22nd & 23rd open for fishing and plan on booking a hotel room in P'cola.
Already chomping at the bit, its hard to find people to shark with.
I would love to find a place to get some evening/night fishing in, Ft. Pickens is $30.00+$8.00(Entrance fee) for a Night Owl pass, too rich for my blood.
I hope the weather is great.
Ragnar Benson:
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Cone

John, I'll buy the annual pass and the night owl pass. It will get one load into the park. Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Shark Hunter

I know a good spot right outside the gate that is a Shark Mecca! The shallows are misleading and it drops off quick in this area.
Life is Good!

floating doc

This is going to be an interesting trip.
Central Florida

Chris Gatorfan

Daron is right. Chicken bone beach as its called is one of our hot spots. BTW we have had 2 monsters caught within the last to weeks right off the beach. A 792 pound and a 804 pound Mako
Wilson's Reel Upgrades.

Shark Hunter

Oh Snap! Chris is Back! ;)
Doc, I hope we get you on a Shark that you will never forget!
It will be more than interesting! ;)
Life is Good!

erikpowell

You guys love giving up all your spots don't ya  ;D ;D ;D

or you guys already in code?  :P

Shark Hunter

That's just a spot to get away from High Surf Days Erik. There in really no special spot. Anywhere in Pensacola is good Sharkin'. ;)
Life is Good!

ChileRelleno

Made a few casting & yak shark leaders.
Respooled one of my 9500SS reels, Sufix 832, 65#, 300yrds topped with BBG 50# mono.
Changed the batteries in my headlamps.
Ragnar Benson:

Shark Hunter

Hopefully we will get on some Sharks John. The bite is already picking back up after that bad Storm.
I am anxious to get some Rays with my new Bow Fishing Setup!
Life is Good!