Everol collections

Started by Lowprofile, May 27, 2016, 01:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowprofile

Quote from: pompano joe on February 22, 2017, 07:53:11 PM
Quote from: Lowprofile on June 19, 2016, 04:43:19 AM
12/0 got 1200 yrds of 130lb hollow core . Got about 350 yrds of 130 mono on top. It's grander time.

Nice one Chris!  Wish you would find me one of the red Abu/Everols over there!  Are you ever coming home?

I'm home!  saw a few abus there but no red ones. Plenty of friends stil on island and I'll put out a BOLO.

Chuki

Hello!
In the pic are my new old everols - special 2 80lb and cairns 14/0. I got a steal on them and intend to fish them hard shoulder to shoulder with my Tiagras for bft.
14/0 is grat with very smooth drag, the scale works perfectly. 80 is much rougher and drag is very sticky, starts hard an then lets go...
I'm hoping if somebody has some info on them, maybe years and schematics.
Thanks

Shark Hunter

The only Schematics I can find online are pretty much Generic.
http://teameverol.com/parts-diagrams/
Your reels shouldn't be much different.
That Cairns model looks nice.
There are some knowledgeable members here that can date those.
Life is Good!

Chuki

Thanks for the answer. I think handle on 9/0 is new style, maybe it has been replaced during the years ??? I started opening it and of course  it has some stripped hex heads(7/64 ???) any advice?... I suspect it needs nothing more than cleaning and lubrication but we'll see about that...
What is the difference between Cairns and special?
Sorry for so many questions :)

thorhammer

Sweet reels dude! Questions are what this forum is for; and Everol's are Daron's passion in any case.

I expect Chris (Lowprofile) or Robert Jansen will weigh in directly on dating yours.

John

Chuki

Managed to loose all right plate screws with help of torx head(will be needing some screws in the future) Everything looks  lubed, no corrosion, there is no AR bearing, just brass bushing. I've reassembled it until tomorrow when I'll try to adress the sticky drag...

UKChris

Everol reels are pretty easy to work on if you watch the sequence of parts and keep one eye on the nearest schematic. As others have said, there are many minor differences which might not show on the diagrams but there is a great posting here somewhere on alantani.com on stripping and rebuilding a 12/0. I remember it shows some old mono caught up in the works somewhere,

If a simple but thorough clean-up of the drag disks doesn't cure the stickiness, Everol Italy can supply replacements. I think many of the parts are interchangeable going back to the very first Everol reels. There are new carbon-fibre drags available too. Paulo at Everol in Italy is a very helpful chap and speaks/writes excellent English. You will eventually have a first-class reel that will last for ages.

Enjoy the servicing...

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Chuki

Thanks for the tutorial, it was more than helpful, i disassembled the reel, cleaned the old grease and relubed with shell marine grease. Everything looks and feels like new inside. I've cleaned drag disc with brake cleaner, and stickiness is gone. Will be needing complete set of screws because many of them have rounded heads, so left side of the frame and foot will wait.

Shark Hunter

You can contact Everol USA to see if they have the screws.
Everol USA, LLC
1565 Brockton Ln. S. Mobile, AL 36695
Phone : (251) 648-3210
Fax : (251) 634-8182
E-mail :  everolusa@yahoo.com
Internet : www.everol.com
I haven't had much luck with them.
I deal directly with Paolo at the Everol Factory in Italy.
everol@tin.it
He will answer your email himself in a day or two.
You could also upgrade to an Aluminum Ergo handle.
They are a real improvement over stock.
Tell Paolo, Daron sent you. ;)
Great Job on that reel!
Life is Good!

Makule

More I think about it, more it seems like it makes sense for me to get a 14/0.  Sell all the reels that I don't use (and there are many), convert that into a real reel.  I just need one big reel that will do the job.  Maybe I should stop thinking.  Might get me in trouble with someone, and I wouldn't want to displease her.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

Yogi_fish808

Quote from: Makule on April 07, 2017, 07:01:16 AM
More I think about it, more it seems like it makes sense for me to get a 14/0.  Sell all the reels that I don't use (and there are many), convert that into a real reel.  I just need one big reel that will do the job.  Maybe I should stop thinking.  Might get me in trouble with someone, and I wouldn't want to displease her.

But it's easier to hide/spread out many smaller reels in your collection vs putting all your eggs in 1 big 14/0 sized basket that in a fit of rage could easily be thrown across the driveway/into the dumpster in 1 go.

Chuki

Quote from: Shark Hunter on April 06, 2017, 10:29:27 PM
You can contact Everol USA to see if they have the screws.
Everol USA, LLC
1565 Brockton Ln. S. Mobile, AL 36695
Phone : (251) 648-3210
Fax : (251) 634-8182
E-mail :  everolusa@yahoo.com
Internet : www.everol.com
I haven't had much luck with them.
I deal directly with Paolo at the Everol Factory in Italy.
everol@tin.it
He will answer your email himself in a day or two.
You could also upgrade to an Aluminum Ergo handle.
They are a real improvement over stock.
Tell Paolo, Daron sent you. ;)
Great Job on that reel!

That handle is nice, they would look great on my reels, opposite of Bakelite old ones. I believe that only handle knobs have to be replaced?
I'll try and send Paolo email and ask for quote for handles, screws and maybe carbon drag set for 9/0. Do I have to have part numbers?

Shark Hunter

The newer style handles are one unit. The arm and handle don't come apart.
My 18/0 had a bent handle arm. I ordered the replacement with the ergo grip.
I can't remove the handle on the bent arm without destroying it.
Life is Good!

Makule

Yes, but that one big Everol can do things the many smaller reels can't.

Quote from: Yogi_fish808 on April 07, 2017, 07:15:05 AM
Quote from: Makule on April 07, 2017, 07:01:16 AM

But it's easier to hide/spread out many smaller reels in your collection vs putting all your eggs in 1 big 14/0 sized basket that in a fit of rage could easily be thrown across the driveway/into the dumpster in 1 go.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.