Surfmaster 150

Started by Shark Hunter, March 04, 2014, 10:16:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harryk3616

daron     LineOff Fishing Reel Line Stripper - Drill Powered Line Winder ...

www.bluemarlinchronicles.com
    › Home
    › Fishing Equipment

- Similar

Doug

Harry Thanks for the link looks interesting and cheap as well

Doug

I  saw them also / I need a couple of sets but I'll wait  I trust Sal and  Alan C and this site

harryk3616

hi    doug         made my own with a piece of threaded rod and two inverted funnels, be creative.   the line off use to have a deal, buy two get a third free, but i didn't see that anymore

harryk3616

doug    if you do the funnel method, cut off the tapered end a bit ,so one slides over the other. 

bluefish69

Harry

I have a Swifty Line Remover from Capt. Harry's in Fla. It goes in a 3/8" Drill like a lot of them do.

Mike

I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Shark Hunter

Thanks for the tips Harry! ;)
Life is Good!

Shark Hunter

Quote from: Alto Mare on March 07, 2014, 09:55:54 PM
When you purchased that reel it had the wrong spool on it. The 29-155 will work with the 200, but does not fit the 150. You will need a 29-150.
Sal,
I think the spool is correct. But its broken. My concern was why do these two spools have the same numbers on the side?
They both have 29 155, but on the opposite edge, the black one has a number 3, the red one has a number 2.
Also, do you think I really need that ring on the pinion?
Life is Good!

harryk3616

just saw your last post, do you need a 155 spool or a 150 spool?

Shark Hunter

150 spool Harry. I broke it open and all is pristine except for the chipped spool and ring off the pinion gear.
Life is Good!

Irish Jigger

I think the spool is correct. But its broken. My concern was why do these two spools have the same numbers on the side?
[/quote]

I just opened a 150 and a 200 Surfmaster, both having plastic spools.
Both spools are marked 155-29 on each end  flange but are different overall lengths.
The numbers 2 and 3  which you refer to are mold numbers.
Frustrating, especially when you buy a boxed spool and find it does not fit.

Shark Hunter

Live and learn Tom. I have reels that the spool will fit so its not a total loss. It will fit the 155 Beachmaster and Surfmaster 200. I know a Senator from 4/0 to 16/0 like the back of my Hand. All the different smaller reels are a different story. :P A lot of conversation here is around these smaller reels. All the different combination of parts is mind boggling. I will Prevail! ;)
Harry is setting me up with a new spool and pinion. ;D
Life is Good!

Irish Jigger

Great to see Harry coming to the rescue here.
You will have it sorted soon and then move on to another challenge ;D

Alto Mare

Quote from: Irish Jigger on March 08, 2014, 10:45:15 PM
Great to see Harry coming to the rescue here.
You will have it sorted soon and then move on to another challenge ;D
x2
You're a good man Harry, but I already knew that ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.