Show your Collections!

Started by Shark Hunter, March 09, 2014, 05:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaBigOno

Wow!!  That's crazy OldSchool... That's a lot of reels.

Thanks for posting your collection.    :)
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Shark Hunter

Lots of Reels there! Thanks for Posting. ;D
Life is Good!

OldSchool

Quote from: Alto Mare on March 11, 2014, 10:43:28 AM
Nice collection OldSchool, thanks for sharing. I had a couple of the Adventure from Japan, nice reels.

Thanks Sal...you like it....I'll swap you for the "Tank"...Ill even pay postage... ;D

Quote from: Dabigono on March 11, 2014, 11:44:01 AM

Most have generally been acquired out of the USA and im sure ive sent someone to college with all the postage ive paid over the time

LTM

Quote from: OldSchool on March 11, 2014, 02:54:30 PM
Quote from: Alto Mare on March 11, 2014, 10:43:28 AM
Nice collection OldSchool, thanks for sharing. I had a couple of the Adventure from Japan, nice reels.

Thanks Sal...you like it....I'll swap you for the "Tank"...Ill even pay postage... ;D

Quote from: Dabigono on March 11, 2014, 11:44:01 AM

Most have generally been acquired out of the USA
and im sure ive sent someone to college with all the postage ive paid over the time
Oldschool, that makes it even more impressive. That you aquired all those American/foreign (to you) reels and gear abroad.

Impressive,

Leo

Dominick

Quote from: noyb72 on March 10, 2014, 06:23:38 PM
Great reels in their Dom, but why don't I see the TANK?
Ron
Ron:  When did you become a member of the reel police?  ;D  Those pictures were taken before the "Tank" was given to me.  I will post more pictures when I get my garage cleaned up and the new reels sorted out.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

raumati01

Oldschool is that an Avoca surf master on one of the top shelves? Lots of mitchells there too, cool.

OldSchool

Quote from: raumati01 on March 12, 2014, 05:33:33 AM
Oldschool is that an Avoca surf master on one of the top shelves? Lots of mitchells there too, cool.

Yeah, in the box with all the paperwork and tools...A bit lower and there is a seascape in the box too...a couple of Australian Fishing Icons. I think in the day early 1970's the seascape where revolutionary in they produced a 6:1 gear ratio in a surf-caster so a lot of people would spin off the rocks with them for pelagic s and salmon. You couldn't find that in any other reel on the Australian market at the time.

raumati01

Quote from: OldSchool on March 12, 2014, 07:08:45 AM
Quote from: raumati01 on March 12, 2014, 05:33:33 AM

Yeah, in the box with all the paperwork and tools...A bit lower and there is a seascape in the box too...a couple of Australian Fishing Icons. I think in the day early 1970's the seascape where revolutionary in they produced a 6:1 gear ratio in a surf-caster so a lot of people would spin off the rocks with them for pelagic s and salmon. You couldn't find that in any other reel on the Australian market at the time.

I've had a couple of surmasters turn up at my place but no seascapes, the surf master was an interesting design. Theres a cedar sea martin on the local auction site for about $1400nz, I don't think theres a market for them here.

the rockfish ninja

I guess to show how awesome those other collections are, here's my modest working reel collection. ;D
The only old stuff is the 1977 Penn Beachmaster and the Outdoor Products/Quaker city gearworks knuckle buster. Not worth much but cool vintage piece from a division that I believe eventually became part of Penn or Pflueger.
Deadly Sebastes assassin.

Shark Hunter

You have to start some where. Thanks for sharing. ;D
Life is Good!

Dominick

Quote from: Shark Hunter on March 20, 2014, 10:13:52 PM
You have to start some where. Thanks for sharing. ;D
Hey! Even if you don't go further in collecting like some of us do, that is a pretty good mix.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Ron Jones

What do you do with that knuckle buster? Looks like you got most the bases covered.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

the rockfish ninja

Quote from: noyb72 on March 21, 2014, 07:20:17 AM
What do you do with that knuckle buster? Looks like you got most the bases covered.
Ron

I only used it once at a lake, but I just put it on an old Rapistan cane rod and I have it on the wall for looks. The rest, like you said, covers most of the bases, a working collection. ;)
Deadly Sebastes assassin.

Bryan Young

Quote from: noyb72 on March 21, 2014, 07:20:17 AM
Ron
It's only a knuckle buster is you knucles are in the way... ;D ::) ;D ::) ;D
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

OldSchool

QuoteI guess to show how awesome those other collections are, here's my modest working reel collection. Grin

lol....they all start like that....