Show your Collections!

Started by Shark Hunter, March 09, 2014, 05:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Three se7ens

Here's mine. It's not as expansive as most here, but it covers the bases pretty well for the fishing I do. Still have a few more I'd like to add though.

Shark Hunter

Is that your Okiya on the end?
Life is Good!

Three se7ens

Quote from: Shark Hunter on April 15, 2014, 03:54:26 AM
Is that your Okiya on the end?

Yep, along with a half assembled 9/0...  I should have a nice pile of SS parts installed by the weekend.

Shark Hunter

You were right about it looking like a rod from eat my tackle. I know these rods are cheap, but if they land a couple nice fish before falling apart, I will be happy. I have been stepping up my game on the rods. I now have two seeker Classic 80 lb and my Rainshadow 130. The seekers have aftco rollers and the Rainshadow has Zirconium Guides. I need to add another Rainshadow Rod to my Quiver and I will be set. ;)
The Seekers are for my 9/0's.

The Rainshadow for my 14/0.

This Davis rod is also on the Cheaper side, but it is my Favorite. Its a two piece 130 lb rated roller rod. You can't buy these anymore, there was a copyright infringement on the rollers from aftco. I really like the idea of having a rod you can fit under the back seat of your truck.
I reeled in a 7 foot blacktip on this rod like he was a Bluegill! ;) This rod is all Business!
There is a 150 lb fish on the end. A Broomstick for sure.

I know you regulars have probably seen all these pictures before. Hopefully I will have plenty of new ones soon. After seeing the size of the Sharks, I knew immediately I needed a bigger knife to do some preparation if I had to. This little one should do the trick. ;) I told the wife, this has to go out with you when you Kayak Baits! ;D
Full Tang 440 stainless. A little more than a Machete. ;D

Life is Good!

erikpowell

That rain shadow looks badass...as does the 14/0 on it!! Good job Daron...i do like that handle, but how come no KKrank on there yet?
With the 4 day weekend coming up, I can only hope to have some time to catch up on rods & reels..and Show my Collection  :D

Cool spot you got there.
Oh.... and BUSTED !

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag93/darondyer/DSCN1708-Copy_zps1f7d3a55.jpg

I thought you said no more smokes !   ;D ;D ;D

Shark Hunter

That shot was from last Sept. I quit this Jan.
Life is Good!

Mandelstam

Quote from: Shark Hunter on April 15, 2014, 05:29:43 PM
That shot was from last Sept. I quit this Jan.

The hardest times when I was quitting was when I was out fishing. Cigarettes tasted the best when you had a rod in your hands and a cool sea breeze in your face. Cig just sitting right there between your lips like you were born with it. Just sipping on it now and then, let the wind carry the ash away... Mmhmm, good times.
"Fish," he said softly, aloud, "I'll stay with you until I am dead." - Santiago, Old Man And the Sea

erikpowell

Oh, I'm sure that's a big help to Daron Karl   ;D ;D ;D
I don't even smoke & you make me wanna try it ...hahahaha

Keep on truckin' Daron!

MFB

Taylor's or Crofts Port, blue vein cheese & a White Owl New Yorker cigar. Montecristo numbers 3 & 4 are my favourite, but hell expensive.

Rgds

Mark 
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

erikpowell

I'm down, Nothin wrong with a good stogie now and then !

OldSchool

I like it Marlboro Man the shark hunter....... ;D

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

LTM

Daron,

Keep some oil on that 440 blade or it will rust out asap (even 440C will rust like hell in camping in wet regions). Ive got some EXCELLENT H1 STEEL water knives by Spyderco, they can be sunk with the Titantic and just WIPED CLEAN. Check them out, I'll post some later.

Leo

Shark Hunter

I know those Spyderco knives are the Bomb! After I hit it with the Diamond Steel, I gave it a rub down with Reel X. I am starting to use the Corrosion X line on all my Saltwater gear. I think its the best stuff out there.
Life is Good!