Show your Collections!

Started by Shark Hunter, March 09, 2014, 05:50:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seaeagle2

I'll jump in, this is just my Halibut rods with Penn 113H's.  From Left to right there's two stock, one with a Jvariance narrow frame kit, 4:1 gears, and "pink" line for my wife, then a Newell narrow frame kit with 4:1 gears.
"One life, don't blow it" Kona Brewing
\"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there\'d be a shortage of fishing poles\" Doug Larson

doradoben

Shark Hunter,  You have a P.M.

Surfrat

Oldschool, I am your long lost son. Take me home... ;D That's a lot of reels and rods. :o

OldSchool

Quote from: Surfrat on March 28, 2014, 12:46:23 AM
Oldschool, I am your long lost son. Take me home... ;D That's a lot of reels and rods. :o

Probably too many if there is such a thing. I need to hot rod and sell off a few so i can buy more... ::)

Chris Gatorfan

Wilson's Reel Upgrades.

Aiala

Here's the latest addition to my (growing) collection: a brace of classic 500S Jigmasters I rescued from eBay. (I love how these older reels are invariably described as being in "great working condition", which evidently means that the internals are a nice shade of green, locked up with disintegrated drag washers, and packed full of gluey brown grease circa 1980... ick! :P

So why bother? Because I find the satisfaction of bringing them back to full functioning life to be one of life's great pleasures; much more, really, than buying a brand-new reel. And oh boy, I can't wait to try them out!  :D

~A~

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Shark Hunter

Looking Good Aiala! ;) I've been getting on the Jigmaster bandwagon myself. ;D
Life is Good!

Dominick

Aiala: That is a fine looking brace of reels alright.  Good job.  If there is such a thing as a wizardess you would be the wizardess of the desert.   ;D ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

OldSchool

You have to love those seller descriptions...lol

Aiala

What Jigmaster obsession??   ;D

(But I think that's enough... for now.)

~A~

Dominick

Aiala, nice reels but a little too big for sand dabs.  :D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Keta

Quote from: Aiala on April 09, 2014, 08:11:42 PM
What Jigmaster obsession??   ;D

(But I think that's enough... for now.)

~A~

No 501/506 or 99 width ones.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Aiala

Quote from: Keta on April 09, 2014, 09:37:34 PMNo 501/506 or 99 width ones.

Oops... forgot the 99s! (Don't have any 501/6s, though.)  :)

~A~

Shark Hunter

Get you some of that Lee! Look at those Green and blue beauties!!! :o
Good Job Girl! ;)
Life is Good!

Keta

Quote from: Aiala on April 09, 2014, 10:07:04 PM

NICE!!!!

I put the 500S back together today and then put Surfmaster 250 side plates on the blue Tib frame.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain