AccuFrame or Tiburon ?

Started by fsrmn, March 25, 2014, 12:37:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fsrmn

Which is a better frame for a 113h upgrade? The Tiburon or AccuFrame. Or, are they the same?
Not all fishing is done with rod and reel.

Shark Hunter

Tiburon is still in Business. Accurate is not. Their frames bring a much higher price.
Life is Good!

broadway

For collecting... Accurate
For function... Topless Tiburon
Dom

Bryan Young

I personally like Accurate frames because they are lighter than Tiburions, but Tiburons have the topless frames which are very nice especially if you are casting.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Cone

The new Tibs don't use the inside rings. If you need new ones that would figure in on the price too. Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Aiala

I just ordered three silver 112H frame/kits from Tiburon, but they are out of stock, so I'm back-ordered for up to 8 weeks.  :P

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

broadway

Aiala,
   You could try Gregg (chowder puff) on ebay.  He usually has a pretty decent stock. I love the narrow 112h frame and spool kit that I got from him.
Girl, you got bit by the bug didn't you? ;)
Like your style, and enjoy the reel making.
Dom

Aiala

Dom, I like your style as well, and I have indeed been bitten! (More like chomped, actually.)  :o

I've bought stuff from Chowderpuff before, but what I'm waiting for is Tiburon's Extra-Wide Topless Frame & Spool Kit (T3BFSK), and he's not currently listing it in the color I prefer.

So while I'm waiting, I can feed my reel-head addiction by working on a 505 Jigmaster I've had on the back burner.  ;D

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

broadway

Now you're talking! ...I like those extra-wides but haven't found a fish I need them for around these parts.
Feed that addiction and have fun doing it ;),
Dom