Fin Nor LT 100 rated well by Alan Hawk. Ok, its a spinner.

Started by Reinaard van der Vossen, April 27, 2014, 02:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cone

Welcome, Alan! You have more than a few here that follow your reviews. I love my spinners. I just wish I could afford the cream of the crop. The Fin Nor Lethal 100 is within my means. I will buy one soon and see how it does.
    Thanks for the unbiased reviews. Hang around maybe Alan T. can convince you to buy a sweepfire.  ;)  ;D
Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Tightlines667

Quote from: Alto Mare on May 01, 2014, 09:51:48 PM
Alan Hawk, what a treat. I hope you'll visit more often.
Thanks for stopping by, Sal

X3

and thanks for mentioning the torque :)

Maybe someday you'll consider a review or 2 of some top-rated conventionals as well?  I would love to hear your thoughts on the Penn.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Quote from: maxpowers on April 28, 2014, 06:38:16 PM
and...?  PRC can manufactured some high end stuffs too. (Ahem Apple products)  This is the case of maybe the company is committed to higher quality reel at a cost to profitability.  Just maybe we should applaud the company for doing something right instead of broad brushing it..?

Is Apple considered high end or quality?  Their pods and phones have no consumer removable batteries forcing entire item replacement when the battery dies.  Recharge must be through computer drive where it sits waiting for a virus or worse wont charge anytime the system sleeps.  Oh yeah quality today means disposable, consumer unfriendly. We must embrace our obligation to consume.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Tightlines666 on May 01, 2014, 11:04:02 PM
Quote from: Alto Mare on May 01, 2014, 09:51:48 PM
Alan Hawk, what a treat. I hope you'll visit more often.
Thanks for stopping by, Sal

X3

and thanks for mentioning the torque :)

Maybe someday you'll consider a review or 2 of some top-rated conventionals as well?  I would love to hear your thoughts on the Penn.
I doubt that Alan Hawk would ever do a review on conventionals, I asked him that same question about a year ago and he said that Alan Tani petty much had that covered, and he was right ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Alan_Hawk

You've got that right Sal. I wouldn't dare step into Mr. Tani's turf. Last guy who tried that disappeared and only his left ear was found 3 years later  :P

Thanks all for the warm welcome and kind words, and I will sure be frequenting this board since the quality of threads and posters here is truly outstanding  :)

Tight lines.

Three se7ens

Welcome to the board, and big thanks for all the reviews.  Whether or not a particular reel interests me, I still have learned a ton about what makes a reel good or bad, strong or weak, etc. 

alantani

finally, someone that actually likes spinners, welcome, alan hawk!!!!!    ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

coonhound

I think you all should come up with a fishing reel manufacturers version of the Shark Tank.  A panel of the Alan's, John, Alto, and Bryan review proposals from Penn, Daiwa, Shimano, Quantum, etc.  They all may leave crying and offended, but eventually they might put together a solid reel top to bottom.  I'd pay money to see Alan Hawk tell Dave Pfeiffer their claims on the side of the box are "rubbish."  ;D

erikpowell

Quote from: maxpowers on April 29, 2014, 11:43:48 PM
John,

What you are saying is true but at $100 and change, I am willing to be an early adopter on this reel only because my guts tell me that the quality will cheapen over time if the accountants have their way.  I am hoping to be wrong this time and the engineers win out on the Lethal 100 series.

x 2  ..... Max and I will give them a test run for you guys. Mine will be here in 2 weeks. I've already had great success with the Offshore series so I'm really looking forward to fishing these two side by side so I can compare.... $135.. I could eat that value in fish alone the first week I own it.  ;) ;)

erikpowell

Welcome and thank you Alan Hawk... It's a preasure and a Plivlidge you dropped in on us  :P
Hope to see you more often...
And Thank you for taking another look into the Finnors!

maxpowers

I will be using it on May 17th on bottom critters and maybe some free swimming Yellowtails if we come across any kelp paddies.  Then wake up on May 18th at the Coronados to test them against some home guard and pelagic Yellowtails.

wallacewt

this is a damn good subject.$100 worth of fun.
im like alan t  i dont like spinners or star drags(me)
i may build a bent butt rail rod for the {"lethal"(i like the name)
large live bait,25lb drag or more,  and turn the "lethal" into a
"limp"
life is good,cheers

Chandler

MFB

G'day Alan,

Glad to have another spin fisherman on board.

Rgds

Mark
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

Reinaard van der Vossen

Well, received the spinner yesterday. As I am still in NY and the wife and dauchter had other plans than taking reels apart it has to wait until return to home and when the maddnes of day to day live will allow me.

Thanks Mr Hawk for chiming in. It is much appreciated.

What I saw is OK, considered I will busing the reel a couple of days a year