Knife photos?

Started by basto, May 01, 2014, 05:52:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

basto

Quote from: Tiddlerbasher on July 25, 2014, 11:20:55 PM
A newly finished creation  - A 9" blade Yanagiba knife - for sushi and sashimi.
Japanese Hitachi white carbon steel - Wa handle from curly birch with a small horn ferule.

That curly birch is beautiful timber! It has a real depth to it.
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

Dominick

Basto:  I am really impressed with the quality of your work.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

basto

Domenick
I think you should be referring to Tiddlerbasher`s work.
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

Dominick

Quote from: basto on July 26, 2014, 10:12:07 PM
Domenick
Thanks Basto.  I stand corrected.  Those are some really nice knives Tiddlerbasher.  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Tiddlerbasher

Cheers Dominick it's appreciated. I think this is another 'bug' that's bitten me (aside from fishing that is ;))

broadway

Tiddlerbasher... you should make knives your business and fishing your hobby... you're talented enough to do it.
Nice work!
BigTim, Nice story and knife to go with it. Must've been a really cool time in your life.
Thanks for showing everyone,
Dom

Dominick

Quote from: Tiddlerbasher on July 27, 2014, 10:05:20 AM
Cheers Dominick it's appreciated. I think this is another 'bug' that's bitten me (aside from fishing that is ;))

Tiddlerbasher...check your messages.  I sent you a PM.  Dominick

Shark Hunter

That's some good looking knife TB! ;)
Life is Good!

Tiddlerbasher

Bill B

three of my favorites....

Sometimes simple is better...I spent 17 years in the produce business and this was my last of four like this...

If one is good...a second has to be better...
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Bill B

It was too hot today to fish...so I decided to make a sheath for a new knife the wife got me...the knife is a Opinel No. 8...I like the knife just dont like using two hands to open it...I got the leather from an old binocular case I got at Goodwill.....didnt have any leather needles so I made some tools to punch the leather and dyed some 80 lb dacron with a magic marker to use as thread....got my knot inspiration from Malestrom and his knot work...

jonnou

Quote from: Dominick on July 27, 2014, 03:41:14 AM
Quote from: basto on July 26, 2014, 10:12:07 PM
Domenick
Thanks Basto.  I stand corrected.  Those are some really nice knives Tiddlerbasher.  Dominick

I can see your confusion Dominick they are both holding fish In their avatar pictures

:D :D :D

sorry couldn't help myself

Alto Mare

Bill, you're of Italian descent and probably had the same as I did, a few things my mom thought all her boys were how to cook and sew, she said you never know.
Going to grade school I remember winning first prize for the most creative sewing, the guys  teased me, you can already imagine the names they called me, but I quickly changed their mind ;) ;D
Very nice job Bill! ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Sal the seamstress? :D
I did some sewing myself in School Sal. Took Home Ec. Made a nice fishing vest. ;)
Life is Good!

Bill B

Sal my grandparents were from Florence and my grandmother lived us for 10+ years.....I can remember sitting at her foot powered Singer sewing machine at night while she taught me to sew....good times..