Knife photos?

Started by basto, May 01, 2014, 05:52:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

basto

Is it OK to post some pics of a knife on this site?
Basto
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

Shark Hunter

I'm sure it is Basto. I always show pictures of knives with my reels.

What you got?
Life is Good!

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

basto

OK, Thanks guys. I thought some of you would be interested.
I bought this one about 15 years ago? It has never cut anything. I just keep a bit of oil on it. Unfortunately the oil has darkened the white spacers in the micarta handle.
I could probably get them clean but don`t want to touch it.
As you can see I still have the brochure about it. SOG is for Special Operations Group.
This Trident is the first model. The ones after this are not as thick and were not as expensive. At it`s hilt, the blade is 7mm thick.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

basto

Cone

Nice basto. I appreciate knives. I own a few but all get used. I hear a lot of people down play 440C stainless but it is a good solid steel. That knife has a thick blade. .280 is stout. Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

basto

Hi Bob
I have a couple I use.Only 3 or 4 inch folders .....general work knives. I like Benchmade too.

Three se7ens

There's the usual suspects for me.  The left one is a schrade with a very thick fixed blade I typically carry on the boat.  Takes a hell of an edge without much work, but doesn't hold it that long, esp in saltwater.  Next is an Vietnam era army survival knife from my dad.  Actually, I have a few of those, including the one my dad carried in Vietnam when he served.  Next is the ken onion ripple by crkt, was my edc until I got the last one, a ken onion leek with the d2 tool steel blade.  It's hell to sharpen, but holds an edge for ever.  Don't even try regular stones, diamond and ceramic hones are required for sharpening d2.

basto

Yes, I have a 3 blade Schrade Old Timer folder. A lot of cattlemen carry them in Australia.I also have an Old Timer 152 . They are also very fast to sharpen. Handy working knives.
Thanks for showing.
Basto

Mattman NZ

Nice knives guys im working on one at the moment - I found an old English cutlass carving knife in a op shop but 1 inch was broken off the tip so decided to cut it down and turn it into a drop point hunter-skinning knife. I cut down a 800+ year old Black Maire tree  back in 19-92 which had been dead for 80 odd years in the state forest 42 - known now as the 42nd traverse .
I've just got to glass - pin and oil the handle .Blade is 5-1/4 inch
And total length is 10 inch .
;D

alantani

gibbs' rule number 9!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

SacFly

Mattman, that's a cool project.  I'll bet you have a beautiful collection!

fsrmn

X2 on rule #9  ;)  If I have my pants on, I have a knife with me.  It also has to be sharp enough to shave with.  I used to use three different grades of stone , but I've gotten lazy in my old age.  Now I just use a diamond stone and then work it on an old leather belt.
Not all fishing is done with rod and reel.

alantani

ceramic stone for me, sharp enough to slice through an envelope (which it all it's used for anymore these days).  still, feels funny without it.  if i drive off without, there are only two things i will drive back for.  one is the cell phone, the other is the pocket knife.  i've had to go back several times for the cell phone, but never yet for the pocket knife.   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!