photo of the month

Started by alantani, July 11, 2010, 06:55:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

forgot to put this up.  better late than never.  sal, send us some of that snow.  we'll take all you've got!

Quote from: Alto Mare on February 03, 2014, 04:58:59 PM
Time to get my shotgun out, Punxsutawney Phil is going down.
8 more inches of snow ::).

Alan, any vacancies in your garage?
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alantani

this one speaks for itself!

Quote from: stevennc on February 23, 2014, 07:10:57 AM
That is a lie, but this one makes me want to bring a screwdriver with me next time I look at used reels. If I had a parts washer or ultrasonic thing this whole reel would go in there. RIP to a whole roll of paper towels.

alantani

it's always good to be able to put a face to a name!

Quote from: wallacewt on February 28, 2014, 08:47:29 AM
we went to hoity toity today for lunch
liz,yougotta wear a tie
im not,its 37 deg
had lunch,sea food platter
scallops,fish,wine,calamarie,wine,oysters kill-Patrick,cold muscels oops,chilli
liz drove home,while I sang all of her requests,martyrobbins joined in
couldn't keep up,not sure he knows all the words
good day,gd night.  ;)
liz whatsa ti,never mind what round its now

Mandelstam

Quote from: alantani on February 28, 2014, 09:07:32 AM
it's always good to be able to put a face to a name!

Quote from: wallacewt on February 28, 2014, 08:47:29 AM
we went to hoity toity today for lunch
liz,yougotta wear a tie
im not,its 37 deg
had lunch,sea food platter
scallops,fish,wine,calamarie,wine,oysters kill-Patrick,cold muscels oops,chilli
liz drove home,while I sang all of her requests,martyrobbins joined in
couldn't keep up,not sure he knows all the words
good day,gd night.  ;)
liz whatsa ti,never mind what round its now

Looking good Wallace! I wish we had 37 deg here in Sweden right now... It't like 5 deg and raining.
"Fish," he said softly, aloud, "I'll stay with you until I am dead." - Santiago, Old Man And the Sea

alantani

these guys need a bigger handle grip!

Quote from: erickg09 on March 08, 2014, 08:22:54 PM
First of all I would like to thank Bryan Young for the awesome 500 series 5+1 drag kit. It made a huge difference compared to the stock drag washers.  We are a group out of South Texas and are big fans of the Newells just like most of you. As of right now, I believe we are one of a handful of fisherman down here that still use these Newells for surf fishing aside from the Penn Senators. I uploaded a picture of a Bull Shark we caught last year on a Newell S550 4.6. Check us out on www.facebook.com/bocachicabeachlegends . We hope to learn more from all you guys since we also heavily rely on our gear every time we are out on the water.  

alantani

just for sheer volume!

Quote from: Shark Hunter on March 09, 2014, 05:50:50 AM
I have come a long way since I came here. I enjoy it every day and consider you all my friends! ;)
I am a simple person that doesn't ask for much. I work hard and enjoy the simple things in life. ;D
I hope you all will express yourself as I have, and I enjoy building and refurbishing every one of these!

coralsea

You should give those to me-)))))))))))) ;D
no pain-no gain

alantani

Quote from: Rothmar2 on March 31, 2014, 07:57:31 AM

Will polish the rings to high shine at a later stage.

So far have put about 30 odd hours into making these rings. Probably an hour or two more to polish to a high gloss.
Another note, I had to wear leather gloves while handling parts and the lathe. There are a lot of fine needle like shavings that are created making these, was picking splinters out of my hands constantly, even with gloves on.

Hoping to get a T60NK kit for this reel. I have already got the stainless sleeve, will possibly go the BP Gears down the track. Will be making some more stainless parts, the old ratchet system will be remade, and the spacer under the star are the next on the list. I intend to not bother with the harness lugs, but will make some filler pieces to take up the space under the rings. Will also take to the side plate for the extra dog(s). Have already made those.
Will post again when I have made some more progress.

Bill B

To "Shear Volume", if you were to spool all of them with 50lb JB Spectra.....how many light years from the earth would that reach????   
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Big Tim

I'm sure this is being posted in the wrong spot....1st. reel hotrod...112H for the SOA charter...I was advised not to build a 112H??? I have an old seeker that needed an ol reel.

I was advised not to upgrade to 5:0-1 global gears. They were right...they don't fit and this is my first modification!!!

My wife says I don't listen to anyone...she's right...a beer...a shot...a dremel

Oh hell yea!!!

Tim

alantani

Quote from: Paul_A on April 06, 2014, 05:00:13 AM
Moved here last year from Florida and absolutely love the fishing here. Pohnpei is the largest island in the Micronesia chain and is surrounded by a ring reef. Just outside the reef is the deep blue Pacific and pelagics like to roam close by so there are no long runs required. Most of my fishing is done from a few hundred yards to 6-8 miles offshore.  Yellowfin tuna are here year round but in greater numbers in the summer. Here's a 53lber I caught last month.

Great fishing here, anyone wants to make the trek here I can arrange a charter and also tons of great hiking, diving and snorkeling as well. I work for a guy who is opening a new hotel in June so I can help with a place to stay as well.

alantani

Quote from: ChileRelleno on April 06, 2014, 08:52:31 PM

Nathaniel's biggest sheep, bigger than the first one he nailed, 21" &  6#2oz after sitting in the cooler all night.
He beat me to the punch an put the first fish in our cooler, it was 19" & 5#5oz.

[/quote]

Shark Hunter

Congratulations Nathaniel! That is the Biggest Sheepshead I have seen in my life! ;)
I Hope you got to eat it instead of your Dad! ;D
Life is Good!

foakes

What greater gift can we give than to introduce a young person to the outdoors.

Opens up a potential lifetime of good habits and experiences.

Well done, Nathaniel!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

alantani

Quote from: Capt Ahab on April 07, 2014, 09:56:38 AM
Remote location in Northern DE

7' St. Croix Premier
Revo SS Spinner
Brroken Back Bomber at night - Ohhh yeah

http://