photo of the month

Started by alantani, July 11, 2010, 06:55:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Tim

Quote from: basto on May 29, 2014, 09:54:33 PM
Quote from: alantani on December 12, 2013, 06:41:16 AM
whoa!  just for sheer beauty!

Quote from: basto on December 12, 2013, 02:01:56 AM
What is your oldest working Shimano reel? Got a photo? Mine is my Triton Mark 1.(1981)
Show us some pics...conventional or spinners.

cheers
Basto
Thanks Alan...just discovered this.
Basto

I forget what year? Early 80's or late 70's ? Works great  ;D

Tim

And my 1984 Daiwa

Alto Mare

Tim both are nice, but that Daiwa is really awesome. I'm sure it will perform nicely on your next trip and land some nice fish...very nice.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Big Tim

Quote from: Alto Mare on May 30, 2014, 11:29:42 PM
Tim both are nice, but that Daiwa is really awesome. I'm sure it will perform nicely on your next trip and land some nice fish...very nice.
Thank you Sal ;D I hope to have you show me how to dbl dog a couple of reels when we get back.

Tim

alantani

nice fish!

Quote from: dwarmbrodt on June 02, 2014, 12:25:35 AM
First good day to get out in Lake Ontario and troll for trout and salmon. My son got his first nice fish on a slapped together outfit consisting of a broken rod I got from a friend that I repaired, some old lead core and of course a Penn 209 that I just rebuilt!

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alantani

we need to get matt some stainless steel gear sleeves!

Quote from: Mattman NZ on May 31, 2014, 11:58:38 PM
Hi guys - I've been wanting to go out and put the triple dogged bridge to the test to see how it will hold up ie stainless dogs on the brass teeth on the main shaft - but due to health and weather I haven't been able to get out . I had a brainstorm the other day and decided to simulate fishing my reel via my drill press for an hour or more and strip and check for wear .Before i assembled everything I jewelled the bridge and gave the dogs a final polish-measured the teeth opposing each other on the main shaft and inked the tops of the teeth with vivid black marker.
Before

after

Caranx

anglingarchitect

82 miles out and it was calm as a lake.

Shark Hunter

Now that's a Nice Snappa! :D
Tim, That Bantam is early 80's I believe. I have a gold one on a Lews speed stick. What kind of rod is that Daiwa on? Those rollers look like Stuarts. is it a profile?
Life is Good!

alantani

Newell Nut

Very nice snapper. They are giving us 8 days in July in the Atlantic. I am tired of throwing them back all the time.

Alto Mare

Nice fish and beautiful colors, thanks for sharing
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

anglingarchitect

Big sister from my 1 trip snapper season.

Glad I can offer something, since you guys kinda have reel maintenance and customization down to a science.

alantani

Quote from: foakes on June 28, 2014, 01:13:18 AM
First off -- apologies to those on the board that do not like to work on spinners -- but I wanted to share this.

Best,

Fred

Shark Hunter

That was a well earned photo! :o
They call those reels "Dam" for a reason. ;)
Life is Good!

alantani

unless you've actually taken one of these photos, you'll never realize how hard they are to take!