photo of the month

Started by alantani, July 11, 2010, 06:55:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

life is good!

Quote from: wallacewt on April 16, 2014, 06:21:59 AM

here I am sitting on the back having a bite to eat with a 3"plastic shad in the water
on the exo. 4m deep.  over to the left 1/2 mile I see a bombie
lets troll over there real slow while I eat my lunch
I leave the shad in
wham bam sry sam im  on
100/150/200m," we gotta chase"
gain ,lose gain,lose so it went on, we get the big Spanish mackerel to the boat
the exo baitcaster worked fine,skipper runs over the line,ping!
"I couldn't see the line"
why didn't you look which way the rod was pointing 1 up for the old fella ;D
my highlight of the trip to follow ;)
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

wallacewt

warm weather,no wind,calm seas
and a mouth full of rissole sandwhich,haha

alantani

we have striper fishing in california, but it's rarely like this!

Quote from: Capt Ahab on April 27, 2014, 12:40:27 AM

Jumped on an open charter (Pappas Angels) with my buddy Mike.  Clammed the upper Raritian bay with a steady pick of fish - about 3/1 shorts to keepers.  Biggest fish weighed in just under 25 lbs. 

Ron Jones

Alan, if you ever get down to the Mexican border on the Colorado, the stripers can go wide open like that.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

alantani

class is in session!

Quote from: TechTeach2530 on May 03, 2014, 01:51:01 PM
After a long hiatus reading on this site I came back a month or so ago for reference on 5 113h's I was readying/rebuilding for wire line trolling and discovered all kinds of mods you guys have been playing with for the good old Made in USA Penn reels.

TechTeach

Oh man, looks like I should have tidied up the place.  :D
"Where's that damn dog spring??????"

alantani

what is that thing with the thermometer?

Shark Hunter

It looks like some kind of Souvenier.
Life is Good!

TechTeach

Yeah it's just a thermometer.  ;D

When I tie epoxy flies you want a certain temp at the bench so the epoxy flows correctly. Looks like a bait shop, I think it was a Christmas gift from years ago.

Alto Mare

Very nice job TT, I wish my bench would look like that...nice and neat. I just got me a second table so I could keep things organized, it now looks the same as my other and it only took me one day ::).
What's the name of that ship on your cup, I'm having coffee and my cup has the same picture, but no name, my wife works at Vanguard.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

TechTeach

The ship on the cup is no specific one, but it says "Mystic Seaport" under the graphic.
It was bought there, a place local to us where days of old and ships made of wood are celebrated.

http://www.mysticseaport.org

Geoff

Quote from: wallacewt on November 09, 2010, 06:02:29 AM
marlin caught off cairns aust;1100lb

That deckhand lives here. His name is Mick,and I have an autographed pic of that up on the wall of my shop. He survived it,and the guy that took the pic was the one that pulled him back into the boat. Some deckhands that this has happened to,are never seen again. It happened in usa yrs ago and the same thing happened again,about 2 yrs later, a few mile from that same spot. But this time they found a deck shoe,but sadly that was all. Wiring a grander or any good sized billfish is dangerous work!!

Bryan Young

We were taught at an early age how to leader fish, but when the excitement sets in, you often forget and these things happen all the time.  People need to practice, practice, practice to be safe.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Irish Jigger

Quote from: TechTeach2530 on May 04, 2014, 02:08:48 PM
The ship on the cup is no specific one, but it says "Mystic Seaport" under the graphic.
It was bought there, a place local to us where days of old and ships made of wood are celebrated.

http://www.mysticseaport.org

A family connection,Major William Smyth owned the Dauntless Shipyard Inc for many years in Mystic Seaport. Designed and built some beautiful boats there.

I believe Scott's Bait and Tackle are in that area  too.

bluefish69

Scott's & Mystic are between 150 & 200 Mi. apart
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.