Previous topic - Next topic

Tightlines667

That is pretty cool.

Something wicked this way comes.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

ez2cdave

Quote from: Dominick on May 19, 2016, 04:54:57 PM
Dave, if I saw something like that I would not be standing around taking photos.  I'd make tracks in a hurry.  Great photo though.  Dominick

It's called a "Wall Cloud" . . . Definitely "Serious Business"  ! ! !

sdlehr

Yeah, South Florida got clobbered by thunderstorms yesterday. It took me over an hour to get home from work. But now I'm outside Philadelphia for a nephew's wedding, and then the Penn tour on Monday before we head back on Tuesday!

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

alantani

congratulations!

Quote from: sundaytrucka on May 27, 2016, 11:13:55 PM

Thank you for all the well wishes and congratulations gentlemen, we are very happy and proud parents.

Here is the proof!

-Scott

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

johndtuttle

Wowser!  ;D

Congratulations Scott and Mom!

David Hall

Yep send that man a wrench!

alantani

Quote from: STRIPER LOU on September 09, 2016, 03:59:48 PM
On the water at 4 am yesterday. Man the heavy cloud cover made it pitch black. Once I got my night vision and got acclimated I was able to zip to the reef. Tach said 4 grand and water temp was 73.5.

Usually if I start off in the dark, I'll go to the big (15") homemade green plug. Several passes with fish showing on the FF produced nothing. Not too much weed and 1 1/2 hrs into the outgoing and all should be perfect, right ????

Switched to the ole reliable killer, the red/white slope head swimmer. Got whacked on the first pass and it was chaos until I rapped it up at 7:58 on the cell.
Of course there were lots of blues mixed in with the bass, but the fact they were chewing together made it all OK! 6 bass and some amount of blues I didn't even bother to count.

The bass were in the 25/35 lb class and most of them were tanks. Short and fat. The one fish I kept had to have surgery performed as this fish really wanted to eat this plug.
I know some of the members here purchased these plugs and if your not using them, your really missing the boat. This plug catches. I watched several other boats dragging frames, and they were catching schoolies and bluefish.

I'm always amazed how this plug can really root out the bigger fish. Back at the dock early, cleaned fish and the boat and even had time to pull all the spark plugs and re- gap them. The Ficht motors are great engines but they do run hot on the troll. The computer does this automatically to keep the plugs from fouling at prolonged low speed periods.

From the heat the plug gap will widen and when that happens you'll get and occasional sputter. A quick re-gap to .028 solves the problem.

I'm seeing a substantial amount of peanut bunker in the area and if it stays like this it may turn out to be an amazing fall. Fingers crossed.

All have a great day, regards,  ..  Lou

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

alantani

been remiss in my duties here lately! 

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

sdlehr

Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

thorhammer

Maxed Out

Nice fish indeed. Sounds like you guys were in the zone. Always good to have a go to lure for the lunkers.

I'm looking at the whole picture, sky, water, docks, and the almost "3D" effect. ...Somebody must have a very nice camera  :o :o It doesn't get any better. Magnifico !!

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

STRIPER LOU

Thanks all!
My Dad was my mentor and inspiration and I owe it all to him. He had a passion for hunting and fishing that really rubbed off on my brother and I. Many a days when I'm fishing and catching  I still think .......... wish you were here Pop to enjoy this!

Once he knew you were serious about doing something he was only too happy to explain in detail. The patience of a saint. He was the best and fished with me until his early 80's when he passed.

Once in a while he would ask if I'd think about calling in sick to work and head out fishing. It was a no brainer!

One spring day when I had my Seacraft, I skipped work and we headed south of Block to codfish. We caught so many fish diamond jigging that day we were literally standing in them. He talked about it forever. Nothing but good times and good memories!!!!
Thanks again and all have a great evening,  ..  Lou