East Coast Blues

Started by mrbrklyn, May 17, 2014, 03:09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbrklyn

After nearly 2 years in hiatis, the Blue fish are back in NY Water.  This is the pool winner from the other night...they gave my equiptment a workout with 14 hits.  We were in the dock at 10:30 instead of the normal 12AM

DaBigOno

Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

ChileRelleno

Dang'it man, now that's a Big Blue  :o

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Cone

Quote from: ChileRelleno on May 17, 2014, 03:52:32 AM

It is amazing how much bigger the bluefish are on the Atlantic coast. We have bluefish here but they are very small. I might even enjoy catching 'em if they were that size.  ;D   Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Shark Hunter

I would love to have a couple of those in the cooler! Sharks love Bluefish heads! I hope to catch some in Florida next week. They have to be 12" long to keep.
Hey Mike! You out there catching those Blues? I heard the bite was crazy!
Looking Good there Brooklyn! ;)
Life is Good!

Capt Ahab

Yellow Demon Eyed Gators!  What a great fighting fish - thanks for sharing

TechTeach

"Where's that damn dog spring??????"

BMITCH

Quote from: Cone on May 17, 2014, 04:15:52 AM
Quote from: ChileRelleno on May 17, 2014, 03:52:32 AM

It is amazing how much bigger the bluefish are on the Atlantic coast. We have bluefish here but they are very small. I might even enjoy catching 'em if they were that size.  ;D   Bob

Last year there were MANY over the 20# mark. Thankfully they don't get to 50 or 60 pounds. I think then people would be on their menu. :o
luck is the residue of design.

Aiala

Quote from: BMITCH on May 17, 2014, 01:30:24 PM
Thankfully they don't get to 50 or 60 pounds. I think then people would be on their menu.

A-yuh. There's a reason they call 'em "choppers". 

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

TechTeach

Quote from: mrbrklyn on May 17, 2014, 11:40:43 AM
It is weird to think of anything eating Blue fish.  When they get rolling as a school, they can strip an elephant to its bone in a few minutes.  Its a good thing these things aren't bright or they would topple us for world domination.

Mako candy.
"Where's that damn dog spring??????"

Alto Mare

Best fighting fish of the East ;).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

bluefish69

Quote from: Shark Hunter on May 17, 2014, 04:19:59 AM
I would love to have a couple of those in the cooler! Sharks love Bluefish heads! I hope to catch some in Florida next week. They have to be 12" long to keep.

I'm not out there yet. Still waiting for the phone call. Have a great trip down to Fla.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

johndtuttle

"I think we need a bigger boat..."

;D

Shark Hunter

Quote from: bluefish69 on May 17, 2014, 04:38:40 PM
Quote from: Shark Hunter on May 17, 2014, 04:19:59 AM

I'm not out there yet. Still waiting for the phone call. Have a great trip down to Fla.
I Will Buddy! Starting to pack now! Get out there and catch some of those Chompers! ;D
Life is Good!