Vintage 9/0

Started by broadway, June 28, 2014, 01:09:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broadway

I have to ask... I've been watching a reel on ebay for 7 days now and it just went off for $1625. I bid $1000
But clearly wasn't even close  :-\. Just curious if one of my compadres was the lucky winner?  This is a museum quality piece with the box in unreal condition (80 years old!). Here's the link so use can all drool like I've been for 7 days.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-PENN-SENATOR-GAME-FISHING-REEL-No115-9-0-STAINLESS-STEEL-w-ORIG-BOX-/191221468798?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&autorefresh=true&hash=item2c85b00e7e&nma=true&si=WR7pxCBq711c3P2g1it%252BkGbOq14%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Keep those eyes open for hidden treasures like this one ...and then call me so we can make a deal. ;)
Dom

Aiala

Must've gone to a big-time collector... no one in their right mind would actually fish with such a museum-quality piece.

For that much dough, I'd buy several Internationals and have 'em souped up by Cal.   :D

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Shark Hunter

I saw that. A first edition. Sorry you didn't get it Dom. It wasn't me brother. I have as many 9/0's as I do 12's. ;)
Life is Good!

floating doc

Really unique, and amazing condition.  Sorry you missed it.
Central Florida

Cone

Very nice reel. I wonder if it came with the leather thumb drag. Too bad you didn't get it Dom.
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

bluefish69

Dom

If it was a Newell I would have bid on it.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

ChileRelleno

Not I, way out of my budget.

I missed seeing that one, must've been mighty purty.
Sorry to hear your bid got trumped so hard.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

floating doc

Quote from: bluefish69 on June 28, 2014, 03:28:31 AM
Dom

If it was a Newell I would have bid on it.

Mike

Carl Newell was a child when that reel was made.
Central Florida

bluefish69

Doc

I sounded good ---- I think

Mike

Alto Mare

Quote from: bluefish69 on June 28, 2014, 05:06:40 PM
Doc

I sounded good ---- I think

Mike
I let you slide on that one Mike, I have too many Newell friends ;D

BTW, it wasn't me guys, I wouldn't have paid more than $200 for that reel. :-\
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

alantani

i'd like to see the collection of the man that bought that one!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

john2244

I missed that eBay listing.  Dom, thanks for posting. I am with Alan, I would like to see his other reels.
John

bluefish69

I knew I would get a beating from someone but had to do it anyway.

Mike

broadway

Thanks crew, was really hoping to see te collection of the collector that bought it (like Alan said). :o
Sal, I believe, agree, and pretty much follow everything you do, but if you'd only bid $200 on that reel... You just didn't want it in the first place. That's a piece of fishing reel history right there. Can't help but think the IGFA may have bought that for the fishing hall of fame. It certainly would be a piece they would acquire.
Anyway, keep your eyes peeled.
Thanks
Dom

Alto Mare

I believe that was someone's missing piece, usually you don' t get a chance to bit on any of those with the wooden handle with no line that haven't been used.
Someone always makes an offer that a seller can't refuse, eBay rules or not, they always disappear.
That reel wouldn't have had much value for me or you, unless you had most the others with the same feature, still would have been nice to have.
Few years back I bit on a new 12/0, same as what you see above, that one was new. I thought if I placed a bit the seller would let the auction run...wrong, it disappeared :-\.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.