Jigmaster 500 upgrades

Started by Shark Hunter, September 03, 2014, 05:00:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

I knew I forgot something. The yokes. I have my Jigmaster project all lined out now except for those.
I got the gears today Alan. Thank You. Two 5 to 1 Jigmaster sets and two more Hex gears. I read that the sleeve doesn't fit the fine thread sleeve. Fits mine ok. ;D
Nevermind. ::) I got he ss jacks and yokes when I ordered the bridges. It sucks getting old. :D
The first Donor. An older 500 with Newell spool and bearings. 30 Bucks! Notice the backward eccentric. Easy Money! ;)
Alright Guys, I'm new to the Jigmaster. I have several of them, just getting to doing something to make them better. I have all the parts to trick out two reels except for the frames and the drags. I pretty much know my way around any Senator or Surfmaster. Time to go to School again. ;)
Life is Good!

Hoochrip

Shark Hunter,
There is only one way not to get old. I'd rather get old.
The two best times to go fishing is when its raining and when its not!!!
Make those reels and have some fun.

Tiddlerbasher

Growing up is optional. Growing old isn't :D

Aiala

Quote from: Shark Hunter on September 03, 2014, 05:00:20 AM
All right Guys, I'm new to the Jigmaster. I have several of them, just getting to doing something to make them better. I have all the parts to trick out two reels except for the frames and the drags. I pretty much know my way around any Senator or Surfmaster. Time to go to School again. ;)

Mr. Shark, Jigmasters are an absolute blast to own, mod and fish. With your experience building those Penn monsters you'll have no difficulties whatsoever mastering the 500... and, as is your wont, collecting a few dozen or so.   :D

~A~

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

coastal_dan

So funny to see the Crown Royal bag, all of the grandfather and fathers reels are stored in them.  I found literally dozens of them in drawers all over the house.  I too am on a Jigmaster quest, and all of my parts should be here in the next few days.  I'll post pics...only thing I'm waiting on doing is beefing up the gears, maybe in the Spring.  Looking forward to following your build!
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

mike155

Shark Hunter

And so it Begins! ::)
Life is Good!

Black Pearl

Quote from: Shark Hunter on September 04, 2014, 05:00:01 PM
And so it Begins! ::)

Where is the spacing sleeve parts? You will need that part.

Shark Hunter

This is only showing the old parts, just your main gear is the only thing showing as new. I have the new spacer.
Life is Good!

Black Pearl

Quote from: Shark Hunter on September 04, 2014, 07:33:21 PM
This is only showing the old parts, just your main gear is the only thing showing as new. I have the new spacer.

garking84 just informed me that he is very happy with my Jigmaster 5:1 gear set kit. He went fishing with it, and it worked out very well for him.

It will be great if more members can report more info on using the kit.

Thanks all,

Alan

Shark Hunter

I'm still trying to source some thin washers for a 5 stack. I have a Tib frame on the way. I'm going fishing in Florida in two weeks. If I can't find any, I'll just use the regular three stack and report back.
Life is Good!

DaBigOno

Looking forward to the finish product Shark Hunter!

Quote from: Shark Hunter on September 04, 2014, 07:33:21 PM

Can you post a pic of all the new parts when you get a chance?

Aloha!
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Black Pearl

Quote from: Shark Hunter on September 06, 2014, 04:04:39 AM
I'm still trying to source some thin washers for a 5 stack. I have a Tib frame on the way. I'm going fishing in Florida in two weeks. If I can't find any, I'll just use the regular three stack and report back.

Daron,

Don't forget that those Jigmaster kits you purchased were custom main gear (not standard).

Thanks,
--Alan

Shark Hunter

Yes,
The stock three stack fits flush. I plan on using delrin on top. Here you go Al. Everything in the pic is from Black Pearl, except for the sleeve, star and drags. Double dog bridge kit with ss jack and yoke. Custom 5:1 Jigmaster gears with custom spacer.
Life is Good!

bluefish69

You forgot the Delrin Washer for under the Gear
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.