favourite PENN reel? just one

Started by basto, September 25, 2014, 03:33:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiala

Whoa, tough choice, but if I could only have one... Jigmaster 500 w/aluminum spool. I think it's the most versatile of them all.   8)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Marcq

Jigmaster 501, having the quick take apart feature  was a big + for me and the fact that there is so many upgrades available

Marc..

harryk3616

mine would be a 112h for wreck and bottom fishing

bluefish69

I would go with my First Penn Reel the 180. I received it when I was about 7 yo. I caught many Fluke with it & my first Striped Bass. We had a 16" limit back then. Harry helped me bring it back to life after a long storage.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

foakes

Did not know that 180s were that old...

⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

MarkT

525Mag w/Torque handle.   Casts great, killer drag, plenty of power for fishing 15-25# line.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Doug

I agree with Bryan 420SS. under rated little tank  Doug

Alto Mare

Can't give my choice of reel, I'm losing too many on line already ;D, this one guy always outbids me. ::)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

john2244

Penn international 20 with a topless Baker frame and all of Cal Sheets upgrades. Great reel for fishing YFT.

Tightlines667

*Old school International I 16...because I caught most of my truely great fish on it as a youngster.

Modern day..I have been highly recommending the tries and true bulletproof International II 80STW

9/0s also hold a special place in my heart.

The New Torques look like great little reels as well.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

joel8080

Penn 113HN Baja  a hot rod out of the box.

Joel8080
Oceanside,California

bluefish69

Quote from: foakes on September 25, 2014, 06:46:05 PM
Did not know that 180s were that old...

⚓️ ⚓️ ⚓️

Fred

Now you have me thinking if I am using the right #.
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Islandgypsy

jeff smith

501 alloy spooled Jigmaster left handed. Perfect for a lot of the boat fishing we do over here.