favourite PENN reel? just one

Started by basto, September 25, 2014, 03:33:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

basto

OK, a bit of trivia maybe, but I am very interested to know what is your favourite model PENN reel....and why.
Can be spinner or conventional...just one please.
cheers
Basto
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

Keta

349H, I like tall narrow reels with plenty of cranking power.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Dominick

Modified 113h alias "The Tank."  It is legendary on this site having been created by Sal (Alto Mare).  Sal generously gifted it to me and since I have owned it I have caught several YFT and striped Marlin.  I love this reel and take it with me on my Mexico fishing trips.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bryan Young

420SS.  Great tough little spinner.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

CooldadE

The Jigmaster, one reel, 3 sizes... 501, 99 size and 500.
I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

basto

Quote from: Bryan Young on September 25, 2014, 03:55:31 AM
I gave one of those to my son. He uses it regularly.
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

Shark Hunter

12/0, Hands down. Perfect choice of size and power for Monster fish! ;)
Life is Good!

Bucktail

550SS. The old metal one from the 80s.  I've since moved on to fancier gear, but that 550 gets put back in rotation every once in a while. Caught a LOT of fish on that reel.
Just a jig-a-lo

Ron Jones

My Newell Tuna Special. One mud marlin on it at Cedros and I am hooked for ever. They will bury me with that reel.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

sundaytrucka

113H, the reel that can do it all. Sal's Tank version....blindato.
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

fsrmn

Not all fishing is done with rod and reel.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

RUSTY OLD COLT

penn 9 it was the first penn I ever owned and it brings back many memories of fishing with my uncle

Keta

Quote from: Bryan Young on September 25, 2014, 03:55:31 AM
I think I have one that was in a box of "parts" reels someone gave me, it was in good shape.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

foakes

Old Penn 130 Sailfisher.

Why? -- Just a unique old example of one of Penn's earlier designs before everything got either HD or cheaper.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.