favourite PENN reel? just one

Started by basto, September 25, 2014, 03:33:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

handi2

I guess mine would be the 8500SS. It's so hard to pick just one...
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Cone

Quote from: handi2 on September 29, 2014, 10:46:32 PM
I guess mine would be the 8500SS. It's so hard to pick just one...
I agree Keith! I would pick the 650ss but its hard to pick one. Did I ever mention I'm a spinner guy from way back?
Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

UKChris

It's got to be the 9/0 Senator as it was the reel I used to catch my first shark and get hooked, or the Squidder because it just looks right, or perhaps it is the 130 Sailfisher for all the reasons mentioned before, or the International II 130 ST as the beast, or

It's as hard as deciding the one knife or the one fountain pen -  it can't be done  ???

ZaneG

750SS it handled everything Florida had to offer for a long time......Except land based sharkin for that I had to go much bigger.

fishhead69

The Penn Special Senator 113H 4/0 with the full Newell "Yellowtail Special" conversion kit including the high speed 4 to 1 gears. I have caught a lot of Yellowtail and Wahoo on this reel. It is a reel workhorse and catches lots and lots of fish. 

MFB

My first one, a 7500SS aka the red baron.

Rgds

Mark

No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

BMITCH

Modified or straight up? The 113H straight outta the box is a fish killer. The 113H narrow with all the bling...well fish just fear it :o either way awesome reel. My pick.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

theswimmer

Quote from: Keta on September 25, 2014, 03:45:57 AM
349H, I like tall narrow reels with plenty of cranking power.
I think I must agree.
Maybe because it was my Grandpas and I caught my first ocean fish on it.
I am in process of rebuilding  the old 349h and updating the drags to this configuration,

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=3707.0
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn