Custom Stainless Steel Spacers Bars

Started by Alto Mare, September 27, 2014, 11:38:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Well, I'm starting to get emails, so here it is:
As most of us know, the spacer bars for the 501-506 are not available anymore... well, I'm sure these will flush out a whole heap of the original on eBay, not that I'm interested, I rather have the stainless steel spacers.
These should also work on the 49-149 and 349.
They were my suggestion and I believe Black Pearl will make them available to all of us soon, we're just working out some small details and hopefully they will happen.
They do look amazing.
For cost and availability, you will need to check with Black Pearl.
Here are a couple of pictures

Sal

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

floating doc

Look great, and a good option for narrowing a 500 I guess? That is, if there's a stand available. I don't know much about this particular modification.
Central Florida

Aiala

Sal, if/when Black Pearl decides to fashion these, will they be compatible with a Penn 49L?   :)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Alto Mare

Yes Aiala, they will, but you might need to purchase two sets. Since there are so many 149-49 and 349, we'll see if we could get him to offer sets of three for those.
Keep in mind, I have the samples, but I'm not 100% sure these will be available. We will need to find out from Alan Chui if they will.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Doug

Hi Sal Really nice looking.   just thinking these might also work on the 1/0 senator . Doug

Alto Mare

Quote from: Doug on September 27, 2014, 05:35:43 PM
Hi Sal Really nice looking.   just thinking these might also work on the 1/0 senator . Doug
Doug, you are correct. I forgot all about that awesome reel. ::)

El Pescador

I'm in for 3 sets!
If I can't find a Tib Frame for my 349H, these SS Spacers will make the reel more rigid!
Can't Wait.

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Black Pearl

Currently, I am in the progress to negotiation with the factory because the initial pricing was for the flat bar. Now, we have to change to have some curve in the front and some big curve in the back of the bar. I will try to keep the cost down as much as I can.

As you all can see that it is a very thick stainless steel bar and it will be cut by a CNC machine.

If the price is right for the 501/506 bar, I don't see why I will not make the 500/505 bar. It will be cost a little more because it has more stainless steel material, and it will have 3 round holes on it.

Anyway, this will be a limited production, and it will be first come first serve. I don't know when it will be, but we are waiting for the new style short bard to be made and send for checking.

Stay tune!

Thanks,
--Alan C.

Keta

Thanks for providing these to us Alan.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

redsetta

These are great - thanks Sal and Alan.
Looking forward to picking up a few sets.
Cheers!
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

floating doc

I have a 500 with a bent spool. I haven't decided what to do with it. Since I have a narrow 112H, I'm thinking regular width, although I had an idea about a 99 sized conversion until I looked at what it would cost. :-\

I'll be watching to see where this goes!
Central Florida

mhc

Quote from: Black Pearl on September 27, 2014, 11:07:21 PM
Anyway, this will be a limited production, and it will be first come first serve.

Hi Alan C, I hope the first run isn't too limited - it looks like there are a few of us interested in multiple sets  :)
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Cone

Count me in too. I have a couple of reels that could use the 501 bars.
Thanks Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

RUSTY OLD COLT

COUNT ME IN FOR 3 SETS , I HAVE A FEW REELS THAT I AM WORKING ON ,

Jerseymic

Count me in for one set please, they look fantastic.

Mike.