Northeastern US - Snows a'Coming - Philly to New England...

Started by El Pescador, January 23, 2015, 10:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

We only got a couple of inches, but its heavy as concrete... very hard to shovel

Since it is a Nor'easter I'm sure we'll be getting some more later on.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

BMITCH

No not so bad. Just got in from clearing the driveway. Took only about an hour. 6"+ but heavy! Now starting to drizzle. Glad I got it done early ;D
luck is the residue of design.

Keta

2"-6" and I shovel, any more and the ATV mounted blade makes it quick and easy.  Our snow is usually light and "dry" but turns to ice when it's walked or driven on so I like to move it several times during the storms.  Fortunately I have a deep drainage ditch to shove the accumulated snow into.

If we don't get snow here and in the mountains it will be worse this year, good thing the wife got rid of the last of her pasture maggots.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Reel 224

Just came in my self. Me and the Wife finished plowing and cleaning up vehicles. Not much snow to mention maybe 3" of the whit stuff,but heavy as heck. No shoveling the driveway here when it's 250' and 15' wide.

Have a friend down the road who plows for a living, he keeps me busy fixing his equipment when it breaks or needs welding. He called this morning to tell me we need to fix his bumper after he backed into a block wall. :o I didn't ask how I was laughing to much ;D
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Keta

Quote from: Reel 224 on January 24, 2015, 05:20:43 PM
No shoveling the driveway here when it's 250' and 15' wide.

Our's is about 200'x20', I need the exercise.

Mark Twain

El Pescador

\

With a wonderfully sunny day temps are just at 70 degrees here in San Mateo, I decided to wash & wax my car, now finished I'm sitting on my back deck catching up on some fishing material & enjoying a gin & tonic with the backdrop of the city of San Mateo in the foreground, Mt. Diablo in the far right, city of Oakland in just to the left of center & San Francisco to the far left if I could trim some trees!!!  Beautiful day here in Sunny California!!!!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Alto Mare

Yeah, you rub it in ::). You know, if it wasn't that sunny there, maybe your deck planks would stay flat ;D .
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

El Pescador

Sal!!!

I just had to do it ;D

AND NO photos of Dominick with his shirt half opened!   

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Alto Mare

Tightlines667

Last weekend's hike...
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Tightlines667

And a little golf...
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Bryan Young

I was cold but was a beautiful day.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

BMITCH

Did I say earlier in this thread that we haven't had a whole lotta snow this year so far???? Well national weather service is forecasting 6"-16" more between now and finally ending Tuesday AM. Snow blower started with one pull. Glad I have one.
luck is the residue of design.

Dominick

Quote from: BMITCH on January 25, 2015, 10:12:18 AM
Did I say earlier in this thread that we haven't had a whole lotta snow this year so far???? Well national weather service is forecasting 6"-16" more between now and finally ending Tuesday AM. Snow blower started with one pull. Glad I have one.
That reminds me of starting my snowmobiles.  I haven't started them in 2 years.  You guys are lucky you are getting snow.  We are in a drought.  We get warm sunny days but no snow to play in.  Anyone want to buy a pair of snowmobiles and trailer?   :D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.