Northeastern US - Snows a'Coming - Philly to New England...

Started by El Pescador, January 23, 2015, 10:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newell Nut

Turn up the thermostat and hunker down for a couple days. After living in Akron for 5 years this Southerner learned to hate the snow. Folks that grew up in it did not seem to mind too much but I don't want to ever see another snow flake. Be safe guys.

Shark Hunter

You have the right mindset Sal. ;)
Every time it snows here, I think of you cooking that  Homemade Ham and eggs on your stove like you did last year when you lost power. :P
Life is Good!

Reel 224

Just came in for a breather. Cleared everything out of the way for pushing snow. Have the chains on the machine and plow Pamed. Got plenty of petrel for the equipment. Hot cup of Joe and I'm ready to go.

Okay Sal Ill take your advice under advisement. I also worked in construction for better then 40 years most of that as a pipe liner/welder. Here we help each other out with what ever needs to be done.

Sal: I hope your Daughter is safe and sound threw this also. I have three children and although they are all in there 40s I worry about them every day. 
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Alto Mare

Quote from: Shark Hunter on January 26, 2015, 05:19:26 PM
You have the right mindset Sal. ;)
Every time it snows here, I think of you cooking that  Homemade Ham and eggs on your stove like you did last year when you lost power. :P
Got the wood stacked inside and ready to go ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

Wow, just saw a report and got a call from my friend driving back from MA to Long Island...he is racing to beat the storm.

Be safe everyone.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

MarkT

Our home office in Boston is telling everyone to work from home for the next couple of days.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Reel 224

Quote from: MarkT on January 26, 2015, 09:03:07 PM
Our home office in Boston is telling everyone to work from home for the next couple of days.

Smart move.
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Alto Mare

Quote from: Reel 224 on January 26, 2015, 05:34:53 PM
Just came in for a breather. Cleared everything out of the way for pushing snow. Have the chains on the machine and plow Pamed. Got plenty of petrel for the equipment. Hot cup of Joe and I'm ready to go.

Okay Sal Ill take your advice under advisement. I also worked in construction for better then 40 years most of that as a pipe liner/welder. Here we help each other out with what ever needs to be done.

Sal: I hope your Daughter is safe and sound threw this also. I have three children and although they are all in there 40s I worry about them every day. 
Thank you Joe, yeah, no matter how old they get they'll always be our babies. ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Reel 224

Woke up this morning to about 5" of light fluffy snow,the snow is still falling at a moderate rate with light northerly winds. So far it looks like we have escaped the bullet,if so I'm thankful for that. The national weather station has made some changes to our area as far as accumulations are concerned,so far it looks like 8"to 12". Stay safe everyone and I hope we all miss the brunt of this. Oh yes and it's 21deg here in Monmouth Co. NJ

Reel 224

Quote from: Alto Mare on January 27, 2015, 03:05:09 AM
Quote from: Reel 224 on January 26, 2015, 05:34:53 PM

Thank you Joe, yeah, no matter how old they get they'll always be our babies. ;)

Sal: That will always be for sure. Mine are in three different states. One in N Carolina,another in Georgia,and one in Texas.And they are all wanting us to move near them ??? Tough situation  :(

BMITCH

Yes we dodged the bullet this time. Only around 4" to 5". That's ok with me! To all others north of us...be safe and take care.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

surfcaster

One car is untouched, The caddy is buried in a drift Still snowing up here till tomorrow....

[][/img]

Reel 224

Quote from: surfcaster on January 27, 2015, 02:53:48 PM
One car is untouched, The caddy is buried in a drift Still snowing up here till tomorrow....

[][/img]

Not a pretty site surfcaster. I can remember a few like that last winter. Stay safe and warm for now. I know what you have to do soon to get going.Maybe you will get some help to clear your driveway. I know if you were near us we would be out there helping. I always call my friends to see how they are doing. Tomorrow we are taking one of our lady friends to her heart Doctor for her regular checkup.

This time of year is really hard on the elderly. If anyone of you guys know people that are alone or older, please give them a call to make sure they are warm and safe.

broadway

Hey Crew,
   I'm alive and well... thanks to mother nature for sparing my island (Manhattan) we're almost done plowing out the parking lots.  I got stopped by a cop on my way in this morning (5AM), but he gave me a break because I was going to work. The travel ban is now lifted and the trains are running (slowly but running).  You guys/gals stay safe out there and check in on your elderly neighbors.  We plowed out six crosswalks so people can cross the street without breaking their butts because Sanitation plows like to load up the snow in crosswalks for some reason. ???
Stay warm and safe,
Dom
PS- Dominick, you know me well ;)

Alto Mare

Quote from: BMITCH on January 27, 2015, 01:24:21 PM
Yes we dodged the bullet this time. Only around 4" to 5". That's ok with me! To all others north of us...be safe and take care.
Bob
Same here, we got around 4", everything is now back and running. Boston is getting pounded, I told my daughter to send some pictures. We went over some of the survivor skills that  I thought her during the years.
Dominick checked in on me last night and gave me a good tip about making sandwiches ahead of time and for me to start the car and shove the sandwiches in the muffles, so I would die of carbon monoxide poisoning and won't have to suffer due to too much snow...just kidding ;D, he did say to warm the sandwiches on the muffler not in the muffler ;D. Good tip Dominic ;).